Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Do Muscles Still grow even if their not sore after a workout?

buddy28

Hey everyone

Does an increase in strength for a particular muscle group relate to an increase in muscle mass even if the muscle isnt sore after a workout?

Ive been making some decent gains on my chest. Im doing
25-40 incline barbell bench. I started benching with 5 pounds per side!! and now Im up to 30 pounds per side in just under 4 weeks. My form is strict, shoulders pinched back, pushing through with the chest ect..... can really feel a good burn in my upper chest during the workout but not getting that deep muscle soreness the next day like I used to get when I first started inclines. Is this bad? Will my chest still grow if its increasing in strength but not experiencing a deep muscle soreness the day after a workout?

Thanks y'alL!

You will grow fine. Soreness doesn't happen all the time with me either. It does not guage your growth rate, only your recovery rate.

Soreness doesnt mean you will grow- and lack of soreness is nothing. I only get sore in my calves, but they arent my biggest bodypart.

Hey!, your losen thats all!
now you know your strenght, ist time to gain.
In other words put more iron to the bar, in terms of 5 pounds every side every new week.
No pain no Gain is roughly the case, not as a rule, but in most cases yes!

Doms, although its not exactly known what causes them, chances are it is due to microscopic tearing ofmuscle fibers and it is characterised by soreness following un accustomed exercise.

Soreness is indeed something we all equate with a good workout, and to a certain extent I agree, however you do not need to be keeled over in pain the next day to grow. Many will attest that the level of nutrition ie:protein will dampen the amount of soreness the next day. This makes sense. Muscle soreness is very much like taking a wheatie and pulling it apart. All those muscle fibers are temporarily damaged, but will repair and get stronger. This is what growth is. You can not make gains unless this physiological event takes place. If you are making gains you are tearing your muscle and repairing it period! Whether or not you feel sore the next day is basically irrelevant. Good nutrition will always aid in recovery, sounds like this maight be the case for you!

These guys are right. Soreness isn't necessairly an indicator of growth, but that doesn't mean you should become satisfied with subpar workouts.

i will attempt something here and perhaps get flamed for it...but,i think it is worth the read!i "was" an advocate of the "less than 1 hour" training method;after a few weeks on a certain program,i would hardly feel sore the next day.i spoke to an "old school" bber and he advised me to train for a longer period(1.5-2 hrs @ 5 times/week) and tear my muscles to shreds.i was hesitant about his advice because of all we hear about long workouts.after trying the serious growth program,i realized that our bodies can take a whole bunch of punishment because of its adaptation capabilities.so i've been working out like this for about 3 weeks(APPROX 2 HR SESSIONS) now and i am noticing a huge increase in muscle size and strength...BELEIVE OR NOT!:eek: I AM SORE ALL THE TIME AND TRAIN 2 BODYPARTS /SESSION

MON-CHEST/TRICEPS
TUE-BACK/BICEPS
WED-LEGS/SHOULDERS
THURS-OFF
REPEAT
PS:USING A 40-30-30 ZONE DIET AND THE FAT IS MELTING AWAY AND I AM GAINING SOME GOOD SIZE.
ALL THIS TO SAY,THAT IN MY OPINION,SORENESS IS A NECESSITY...AND IF YOU AIN'T GETTING SORE,YOU CAN HANDLE WAY MORE THAN YOU THINK!!!FYI...

Top Bottom