Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Do I need a personal trainer?

tr7111

I'm having a hard time finding the motivation to get into the gym as often as I need to. I have a pretty good understanding of what I need to do, it's just the doing it, and doing it consistently that I'm struggling with.

I used to have a workout buddy that was fairly consistent but that ended and ever since my trips to the gym have been few and far between.

A little bit about me and my goals:

I'm 33 years old. I'm 6'5" 240 pounds. Fairly high body fat and overall low strength. I cant even do more than a couple chinups. I can squat 225 maybe 5 or 6 times. I can bench 185 about 5 or 6 times. When I was lifting regularly I was doing 5/3/1 and I got my max bench up to about 270.

My short term goals are to lose about 20-30 pounds of fat so I look better and have more energy, and after that, build strength. I really need a partner or personal trainer to keep me accountable and motivate me when it comes to pushing myself.

I can probably lose the weight on my own, but where I'm worried is the strength training. Without a partner I'm not sure I'll be able to get my squats, deadlifts, bench, chinups etc increasing week after week.

One thing holding me back on a personal trainer though is cost. I've been looking around and I notice they want about $30 a session. Since I plan to lift about 3-4 times a week that will become prohibitively expensive.

Primarily I'm just looking for someone to monitor my form and keep me accountable to my goals.

Any thoughts?

Top Bottom