Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Do I join a Gym or make a Home gym in my room?

HulkRow

What do you guys suggest?

I need to find a gym for next year since im leaving school...both have pros and cons, give me some advice.

IMO - Nothing beats a my home gym. All you need is a good bar, alot of weight and a good power rack. No lines, no waiting, open 24x7, clean private showers, no distractions.

CrimsonKing said:
IMO - Nothing beats a my home gym. All you need is a good bar, alot of weight and a good power rack. No lines, no waiting, open 24x7, clean private showers, no distractions.

That's all true but when you go to a gym you have the opportunity for really old people to piss you off and get your aggression up. :mad: Plus when there are freaks around it makes you wanna train harder. And you can always ask somebody for a spot.

its really gonna come down to cost, i mean i could have a great set up at home for my whole life for the same cost as 1 years membership at a club err gym.

What if...

You move? A bunch of weight is a real pain in the ass to haul, and if you end up in an apartment, useless.
If I had a permanent home, a house, I would go about putting a home gym together. Definitely. Getting equipment, used, might be a challenge and take time.
I used to work out in my basement...had a few hundred pounds of weight, squat rack, bench...best workouts I ever had, no shitty gym music, just my music blaring, and anytime of the day it was there.

Personally I would love to have a home gym... But i live in an apartment for now.. But i have plans on building a house on a lake in the next year or so and will definily have a room built just for that purpose.... Probably closely modeled afer Irish's home gym..LOL.... hope he doent mind me recreating his gym

im in the process of making my own. i need a couple more hundred pounds of weights and a squat rack, but then im set

My potential future roommate was discussing this recently. I have a spare room downstairs that I don't even set foot in, and the only idea I had was to put a pool table down there. He's thinking about putting a bench down there if he moves in. Nevermind the effort/motivation type issues, I don't see how I could afford a home gym. Can someone guesstimate the dollars for this:
Squat rack/power cage/whatever
Something to do ham curls and preferably quad ext. on
Something to do seated and standing calf raises on
Adjustable bench
Something for preacher curl
Dumbells up to 100lb
Olympic weight and bar (duh)

...I don't need the hyperextensions stump right away I guess, and I guess I could live w/o leg presses. But aren't we already at many thousands of dollars?

Madd Hatter said:
But aren't we already at many thousands of dollars?
No, because you can make half that stuff. The other half you can buy used from one of the billion people that have it rotting in their garage.

Think about what a simple device a calf raise is, or a preacher bench. Its your own gym, so who gives a shit if it looks pretty. I actually get motivated more by using shit like this.

I agree with thai there. My bar is covered in rust from sitting out in the rain. But fuck, it works fine. Just scuffs up my hands a lil'. And the weights are shit dirty and destroyed. But they still 'weigh' and that's all I care (cared) about. Now I have no need for all that stuff. That's yet another reason why I love bodyweight training.

Top Bottom