Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Do Declines Shape the Pec Lower?? Have ur say

buddy28

Do they?? My buddy told me incline db work ur upper chest and creates a thicker upper chest. Declines, apparently stretch the pec downward .......

thoughts??

i feel it works my upper pecs but i dont think it stretchs the pec or shapes it,thats genetic stuff

I think that if someone were to do incline bench only for a year, his chest would look pretty much the same as if he had done flat or decline only for a year. Your chest looks the way it does genetically, not much you can do to "sculpt" it. You can make it bigger or smaller, like any other muscle, but that's it.

I think when most people talk about "building up the lower chest," what they really need to do is reduce the fat that often resides there.

I'm not saying that the various incline levels are useless at all. I do all of them myself. But only because I believe that that is part of a thorough chest workout. Not because I'm trying to hit one specific portion of the chest. It's all one muscle after all.

Belial, if this high praise continues, my arrogance will become limitless. You ready to have that on your conscience?

Gymtime I got to say you got it right....
There is no way from the angle of decline that would allow you to shape your chest, since there are only two muscles in your chest pectoral minor and major. And they grow outward and ventracally, doing various exerceise only ephasize the different muscle leverage scheems in your chest. I'm pointing this out only for chest though.

Top Bottom