Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

DL and bleeding

anthrax

MVP
EF VIP
I must do something wrong.....

When deadlifting (conventional), while pulling, I have my shins scraped and bleeding :worried:

Baby powder on the legs..looks funny...works well....

Never had this problem...probably because the knurling of the bars at my gym is almost smooth from wear....

nothing wrong with scraping your shins..however you dont want to start with the bar touching your shins..the scraping occurs from pulling the bar up and in along the body..i usually wear sweats but its too damn hot lol..so i jsut deal with it lol

however you dont want to start with the bar touching your shins

right, the bar moves up and back and thats hard if it starts touching your shins

my shins are fine but since I started pulling conventional I have 2 huge patches on the front of my thighs that look like they've been sandblasted. Back to lifting in nylon tights for me lol

I wear pants,helps a little,but we just got a new bar so it tears you up good,I want my old bar back,much easier on the hands

I don't bleed, I just slightly bruise my knees and my left shin. I guess that's a step up from bleedin eh? :D

I just said this in Bfold's post, but I always have bloody shins after a few weeks of DL's. It starts with it being raw, then bleeds, then I just keep ripping the scabs off the next times. I am talking 3 weeks or so off DL's so the shins should heal.

those scabs are purple hearts :p

the only thing I don't like about deadlifts are the way they chew up my hands, every time I pull I end up taking the skin off my palms.. the gym owner's banned me from using the powerbar for bleeding all over it :(

Top Bottom