Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

discovery on wrist curls/reverse wrist curls

Synpax

HEy,

I've been doing these exercises for a while to try and develop my puny, girl-like forarms. I had been doing them sitting on the edge of a bench with the barbell/dumbell in my hands and my wrists/forarms braced on my knees. This was remarkable uncomfortable and more difficult to get the full range of motion.

So I was thinking about this and realized something that I later tested and found to be an improvement: use the preacher curl bench to hold the dumbells at the right angle to get the full range of motion in a way that doesn't force you to contort your whole body.

Just sit in it as you normally would but rather than working biceps, just leg your arms hang down and work your wrists - reverse or normal - and it feels just perfect.

Hmm, thanks for the tip. I have uber-girlie forearms, I'll give this a shot next time. Something perhaps you can try: I was referred to cable wrist curls, they didn't seem to do the trick for me, but may be good for you.

Stick+rope+weight= best forearm work. Roll the weight up one way then the other way. A lot of gyms have a machine for this.

Here's a good 4-arm routine. Do it with 90 second rest intervals, and superset the last set of one exercise with the first of the next exercise, and you'll get it done in like 10-15 minutes. I do it with my Tris/Bi workout.

1. Hammer curls w/ Dbell: I usually curl them into my chest, instead of straight up & down.
1 warmup set
1 workset of 15 reps

2. Reverse-Grip Preacher Curls w/ straightbar: These are the best exercise for 4-arms you can do in my opinion. Use a short straightbar if your gym has one.
1 warmup set
1 workset of 10-15 reps

3. Wrist Curls(Dbell or Straightbar): I prefer the bar. I use the end of a bench to do them. I also squeeze my inner thighs against my arms, in order to brace them. I don't believe in extending the fingers when doing these, but if it works for you then fine. The key is to go just heavy(or light) enough to get 15 good reps. Do them quickly, so as to get a burn. Pause at the top.
2 sets of 15

4. Wrist Curls behind-the-back(straightbar): Same theory as regular wrist curls.
2 sets of 15

5. Reverse-grip wrist curls:. I use a Utility Bench to do them. Doing them with your arms on your knees on the end of a bench doesn't brace the forarms well enough in my opinion. Just get a utility bench, and lie your forarms across that. Use a quick pace, with a pause at the top. 15 good rep principles apply here as well.
2 sets of 15.

6. Standing dbell wrist curls: Standing w/ Dbell at your sides, simply curl them into your thighs. Pause at top. Quick pace. Get a burn!
2 sets of 15

I know that sounds like a ton of work, but I always use the first set in each lift as a warmup pretty much, so it kinda cuts the amount of hard sets in half, if you want to look at it that way.

At the end, I like to do a few sets hanging from the parallel-grip pullup bar, just for some additional grip work. Maybe I'll do a set of wrist rope rolls too, but I don't think those are all that productive. Maybe as a burnout set at the end, but in my opinion, you won't get cut forarms if you would rely on that exercise as a core in your 4arm routine.

Top Bottom