Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Dips and Pull-ups, what's wrong with me

Backagain

I got two questions. Dips are supposed to be good for chest and tris. I love them fro tris but never feel it in my chest am I maybe not doing something right?

Second, Pullups are supposed to be excellent for the lats. My lats are probable the most lagging bodypart I have
:( I can feel them on all other exercises but Pullups. All I feel on pullups is my biceps. Maybe I"m just retarded, but I am at a complete loss and would appreciate any tips.

The biggest mistake I see most trainees making when it comes to dips, is they do not lean forward. If you do not tilt your body forwar and press your butt out, you are really only using your shoulders and your tri's.

As afar as the pulldps go, it will depend on the grip you are using (over or underhand.) If you are an overhand grip, proper width is important. You have to go wide. Most chin-up bars are not wide enough for me, I normally use the top of a power cage. If you are using teh under hand variety, it is important that you get proper elevation. You have to get the top of your sternum to the bar. Then, your lats will be in a fully contracted position.

And as heavywear said, you have to learn to "put your mind into your muscle." You have to know how to make those muscles work and squeeze.

Thankx for the input. Dips i have tried leaning forward maybe i'll just forget about them for chest.

I need a lot of work on my back. I go just about as wide as I can but maybe that's not wide enough. I"m not one of the HUGE guys but I do have wide shoulders. I'll work on it I wanna incorporate this exercise with the rows and I need to start doin deadlifts. Thanks again for the help. Much appreciated.

backagain i had much of the same trouble with pullups. What helped me was using a bar that angles downward at the ends, much like a lat pulldown bar. Taking a grip that is about a inch from the where the bend starts and making sure you are pulling as if you just want to move your elbows to your side of your lats, you should start to feel it in your back. Also be sure to keep your chest up. if you need anymore help just pm me.

Top Bottom