x
Almost there! Please complete this form and click the button below to gain instant access.
EliteFitness.com FREE Email Series: How You Can Use Winstrol, Masteron, HGH, and Testosterone for a Perfect, Muscular Physique!
- -
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
- -
puritysourcelabsdomestic-supply
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals
Sarms for Saleunclez.rueudomestic

Dips, The Motion that Defies My Routine

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about Dips, The Motion that Defies My Routine within the Weight Training & Weight Lifting category.

Excerpt: I have tried many times to add dips into my workouts. It always screws things up! For instance, my current split is as follows: Push day (all 5x5) Squat Bench OHP ancillary abs Pull day (all 5x5)

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Pro Bodybuilder

Dips, The Motion that Defies My Routine

I have tried many times to add dips into my workouts. It always screws things up! For instance, my current split is as follows:

Push day (all 5x5)
    Squat
    Bench
    OHP
    ancillary
    abs

Pull day
    (all 5x5)
    Pullup
    Deadlift
    Row
    ancilarry (rarely)
    abs

Off day
    Off day

If I were to add dips to one day, it would cause conflict in one area or another. Dips on Push day would have my lats weak for Pull day. Dips on Pull day would have my Tri's beat and overworked from the day before.

Now consider an intermediate Madcow tweaked 5x5

Monday
    Squat
    Bench
    Row

Wed
    Squat
    OHP
    DL

Friday
    Squat
    Bench
    Row

Where could it even fit in with all the pressing already in this routine? I wouldnt want to get rid of OHP or DL, and benching without rowing is asking for an imbalance. Adding it on top of any day just seems like a waste, because I know I will be beat from the workout and it would most certainly be a last motion.

Is there some secret that I have missed? Is my best bet to pay the guy who incessantly curls in my power rack for his unbeatable 5 day split? Will I have to break down and buy some oly rings for my living room? Why does this one movement dumbfound enough to make me rave about it?

JRH

Re: Dips, The Motion that Defies My Routine

Quote Quote posted by JohnRobHolmes
    I have tried many times to add dips into my workouts. It always screws things up! For instance, my current split is as follows:

Push day (all 5x5)
    Squat
    Bench
    OHP
    ancillary
    abs

Pull day
    (all 5x5)
    Pullup
    Deadlift
    Row
    ancilarry (rarely)
    abs

Off day
    Off day

If I were to add dips to one day, it would cause conflict in one area or another. Dips on Push day would have my lats weak for Pull day. Dips on Pull day would have my Tri's beat and overworked from the day before.

Now consider an intermediate Madcow tweaked 5x5

Monday
    Squat
    Bench
    Row

Wed
    Squat
    OHP
    DL

Friday
    Squat
    Bench
    Row

Where could it even fit in with all the pressing already in this routine? I wouldnt want to get rid of OHP or DL, and benching without rowing is asking for an imbalance. Adding it on top of any day just seems like a waste, because I know I will be beat from the workout and it would most certainly be a last motion.

Is there some secret that I have missed? Is my best bet to pay the guy who incessantly curls in my power rack for his unbeatable 5 day split? Will I have to break down and buy some oly rings for my living room? Why does this one movement dumbfound enough to make me rave about it?

JRH
    As far as the intermediate 5x5 on madcow's site, he has weighted dips listed for day 4.

Pro Bodybuilder

Ahh! Missed that in the fine print at the bottom! Its been a while since I read it fully. I got lost in the training primer and archives last time I went there. Solves part of my issue right there! Thanks!

makes sense to add it in on the Friday of the madcow routine. That way you have plenty of time to recover.

Quote Quote posted by JohnRobHolmes
    Ahh! Missed that in the fine print at the bottom! Its been a while since I read it fully. I got lost in the training primer and archives last time I went there. Solves part of my issue right there! Thanks!

makes sense to add it in on the Friday of the madcow routine. That way you have plenty of time to recover.
    Yes sir, GL. I'm starting up my second run on the intermediate 5x5 right now, i loved the first time.