Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Different workouts vs Changing workouts

A

Advaik

Instead of changing up a workout every 6-8 weeks, wouldnt it be better to have 3 different workouts and just do one after the other?

I am about to do eaxtly that but im just going to try too drop one exercise and add ane one every week. So for example If I do Chest today I might do Bench, Decline Bench, Dumbell Press,Next week I'd do Bench, Incline Bench, Dumbell Press and than the next week I'd drop the dumbell press and add something else etc...'I'll keep you updated on how it's working out.'

I like that idea scout420, do you have an example of your workouts?

You need to be more analytical about what works and what doesn't. Simply changing routines and exercises for the sake of changing will soon get you nowhere. There are a core of basic exercises which should always be in your workout. I agree with Charvelle, at the end of the day, there are only so many genuine mass building movements for each bodypart. The rest is really no more than 'filler'.

When I keep my routine steady for 6-8 weeks it is more likely that I end up in a sort of plateau... at least in my case it has worked to have two different workouts with basic exercises that I repeat in both but alternate other form exercises. I usually do a scheme like this week1&3&5 - wkout1... week 2&4&6 - wkout2.
At least for me it has helped me to overcome plateaus and get my muscles to work fully with the different exercises to attain my objectives.

I come up with maybe 6-8 exercises per Badypart and do maybe 4-5 in a routine.
Keeping the ones that work best for me in the routine and changing up 1 or 2 of the others seems to keep me moving.

I have never totally changes Every exercise in my routine in 2 years of serious lifting.

Top Bottom