Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

different type of program to get lean

tyson cole

Any opinions on the following program i am planning to follow would be appreciated. I just want to get ripped not too fussed about size (i put on muscular weight easily) I will follow it for 3mths alternating wk i & 2. whilst doing cardio for 1-1.5 hrs 5-6days a week which will mostly be walking and cycling(running seems to aggravate a back injury i incurred a while ago)

I'm 6ft, abot 80 kgs and probably 15 % bf. Can't see abs at m oment but think this program will help me achieve my goals. I haven't followed anything like the wwwk 2 portion of the program before but have had success w/ a similiar program to the week 1 part.
Please feel free to critique.
cheers

week 1.

day1. 10 mins stretching and 10 mins warmup/ 15 mins cooldown
chest bis abs(15mins circuit) rest 30 secs b/w sets

Inc Press 4 sets of 12, last set a drop set
bench press ss(superset) w/ DB flys 3 x12

Db curls 4x12
BB cuels 4x 6-6 (1 min rest)
reverse chins 1x as many as possible

day3. shoulders, back abs - same specifics as above, eg rest intervals abs etc

full lateral raises (.) {all the way overhead} 3x15
reverse cable laterals 3x15
machine shd press 4x8
normal lateral raises 3x12

pulldowns 5x10
cable rows 3x10

day 5. legs, tris, abs (same specifications as before)

leg curls 4x15
leg ext 4x15
squats 4x10
leg presses 3x 15-20

overhead Tri exts 3x10
pushdowns 3x10
kickbacks 3x10

Note . 5x 15 claf raises will be done on days off

WEEK2

yoga instead of weights plus a short circuit beforehand, 4 sets of 8 reps (except pushups and chins =as many as possible) =

between bench pushups, zottoman curls, lateral raises, close grip chins, weighted crunchess ss leg raises, smith machine squats

Rest between circuits = 45 .

I'm hoping the lowe intensity week 2 program will aid recovery and flexibility without any muscle loss necessarily.

Getting lean is mostly about diet and only slightly related to training.

That looks like alot of volume to me. If I were trying to get lean, I would go pretty low volume, low reps, with heavy weights on the compounds while doing HIIT cardio several times per week. Again, getting lean is mostly about diet though.

i agree with fastgain about diet. i think imo, that any more than 30 min of cardio and you are losing muscle. thats not a good thing

Top Bottom