Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Different size arms

crazyjoe

My left arm at the bicep flexed is 19" and my right is 18 1/4" . It is very noticeable to me when I look in the mirror. Someone told me to do a few more reps with my smaller arm when I do sets. Any other suggestions on trying to get them closer to the same size?

do more dumbell work. start with the weak arm first and when it fails, lets say after 10 reps, then that is all i do for the other stronger/bigger arm.

When working dumbbells... ALWAYS start the alternation with your weakest arm... and then max out on reps alternating but stop when your weak arm gives out.

People get this problem because they hit their strong arm harder.

You can only hit your primary arm as hard as you can hit your secondary... otherwise you lose symetry.

SofaGeorge said:
When working dumbbells... ALWAYS start the alternation with your weakest arm... and then max out on reps alternating but stop when your weak arm gives out.

People get this problem because they hit their strong arm harder.

You can only hit your primary arm as hard as you can hit your secondary... otherwise you lose symetry.

Took the post right out of my mouth.

8and20 said:
Took the post right out of my mouth.
Kent Kuehn was Arnold's training partner all through Arnold's glory years. Kent can be seen working the front desk at Gold's in Pumping Iron... and he was still right there on the front desk until about 2000. He was singularly the most awesome source of insight for taking physiques to the highest level.

I cannot count how many times I saw him dish out that lesson. I think it is the #1 mistake/correction he saw over the years with serious lifters in the gym.

Top Bottom