Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Different rep ranges ?

gudoflobenn44

[FONT=&quot]Ok for most bodybuilders I either see them doing 8-12 reps or 4-6 reps give or take. I have never seen higher reps although some people do and some thinks that it actually will get them cut. Now I am between the 8-12 reps. And if I up my weight by 5 depending which bodypart I might have to lower my rep to 4-6 or I can't go on. Now some people do low reps with very heavy weights. Like the squats for example. Bodybuilders are not powerlifters yet they use th low rep with heavy weights. Now I know heavy will cause the muscle to grow but it will be more strength wise then size. Some powerlifters are even that huge and yet some bodybuilders look like they can pick up a truck with a finger. If some powerlifter use low rep to build strength and don't get any bigger while doing it why do bodybuilders do it and why they prefer it over the moderate rep range?[/FONT]

All the body builders I know stick with 8 to 15 rep range stuff for hypertrophy almost exclusively

ask yourself the objective of weight lifting and resistance training and you will logically understand rep ranges.

the guy who goes in there and does 1-2 reps for a few sets and then leaves the gym or the guy who does 50 reps per set and does 30 sets. both are wrong and make no sense if you understand the science of this all.

Top Bottom