Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Difference between smith machine squats and normal squats

blood_drinker

I know you learn and develop more stability (thus using your stabilizer muscles etC). but on smith machine it is much more secure especially when I don't have a spotter. What do you guys suggest? MUST i do normal squats? I have been barely able to walk even if i do smith machine, and my stabilizer muscles always come out sore as well from smith. SO far i haven't noticed much difference, what's your take on this?

Smtih's machine = not as good as free weight squats.

They are a restricted movement.

Go free, and go heavy.

Oh yeah...

blood one thing i like about the smith is you can extend your feetout in front a little further shoulder width ,toes pointed outwards alittle this really pounds the outer quads really hard..

The smith machine can be more damaging to the knees when using heavy weights as you do not travel in natural motion, at some points the knees are exposed to unusual high sheering forces

However, for lighter weight smiths are ok to seek the sweep and burn in your quads.

You could do your heavy 10-5 reps squats (for raw power and GH release) with free weight and follow up with some sets of 20 reps smith machine scuat,

Me, I tend to get a big butt when doing full free squats. I started doing front squats to maintain semi-erect posture and stress mainly the frontal quads. Lately however they have installed this nice horizontal hip-sled. It is a squating motion, but you have backsuppor. I ABSOLUTELY love it.
\:)

You'd be better off increasing your flexibility and going deep on free weight squats.

By the way, that won't promote growth in the outer quads alone.

No spotter??! Do free squats in a rack..no excuses;)

SMITH machine squats = Good luck with your Knee's in a few years.

People always search for a reason to supplement the free barbell squat why? because its hard,

Its hard because it works,

Get a rack ditch the smith machine.

Nuff Said

Top Bottom