Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Difference between HIT and HIIT

Wojciechowska

What is the HIIT training? Is it the same thing asHIT from the old times, or as it was called the heavy duty trainingby those bodybuilder brothers? Should I implement into my trainingprogram, or not worth it?

Hi intensity interval training

It is a good way to really increase heart rate rapidly in a short amount of time vs. doing a long slow jog.

the idea is you burn as many calories with more short intense exercise

for someone looking to burn a lot of calories who doesn't have much time to exercise I endorse it.. for someone looking to build endurance I do NOT endorse it because it can lead to injuries. I am much more of a proponent of LSD, long slow distance as it is far better for your legs and feet.

It is basically the same thing, and in the end of the day, they boil down to the same concept - high intensity training during a short period of time. I really like this sort of training because it allows you to have a good quality training session in a very short period of time, which is good for those who do not have a lot of time.

HIT = high intensity training. It is weigh training. It involves warming up and then doing 1-2 ALL OUT max sets with intensity techniques like drop sets, rest pause etc. per exercise

HIIT = high intensity interval training. It is a form of cardio. It involves short periods of all out cardio followed by less intense recovery periods.
An example of a HIIT workout would be alternating 1 minute of sprinting with 3 minutes of walking.

You can really use either principle for any exercise. Just find what you like and enjoy and you will be much more likely to succeed.

Top Bottom