Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Difference between DL & SLDL

AI03

Hi,

this is my routine:

MONDAY - Back/Biceps

Deadlifts - 3x8
Barbell Rows - 3x8
Dumbell Hammer curls - 3x8

WEDNESDAY - Chest/Triceps

Flat Barbell Bench Press - 3x8
Close grip bench - 3x8

FRIDAY - Legs/Shoulders

Barbell Squats - 3x8
Stiff Legged Dead lifts - 3x8
Miltary Press - 3x8

I just wanted to know the difference between a conventional Deadlift and a Stiff DeadLift. They both look pretty much similar to me.

The big difference is that you should not be bending your legs as much with stiff leg deads. Since your not using your legs to lift, your SLDL's should be a lot lighter in weight.

AI03 said:
Hi,

this is my routine:

MONDAY - Back/Biceps

Deadlifts - 3x8
Barbell Rows - 3x8
Dumbell Hammer curls - 3x8

WEDNESDAY - Chest/Triceps

Flat Barbell Bench Press - 3x8
Close grip bench - 3x8

FRIDAY - Legs/Shoulders

Barbell Squats - 3x8
Stiff Legged Dead lifts - 3x8
Miltary Press - 3x8

I just wanted to know the difference between a conventional Deadlift and a Stiff DeadLift. They both look pretty much similar to me.

When I do SLDL's, the bar never touches the floor. I lower the bar down not letting my back bend at all. Once you run out of hamstring flexibility you come right back up. With the regular deadlift, I return the bar all the way down to the floor and let it rest for 1 sec. The goal of SLDL's are to work only the hamy's. A regular DL, you have to use lower back and core.

GOHVYORGOHME said:
When I do SLDL's, the bar never touches the floor. I lower the bar down not letting my back bend at all. Once you run out of hamstring flexibility you come right back up. With the regular deadlift, I return the bar all the way down to the floor and let it rest for 1 sec. The goal of SLDL's are to work only the hamy's. A regular DL, you have to use lower back and core.

wait...
SLDL = ONLY hams?
they make my whole back sore!
I have a tiny bend in the knees but that's it

BrokerOnce said:
wait...
SLDL = ONLY hams?
they make my whole back sore!
I have a tiny bend in the knees but that's it

Yup, their is not way you can do these with any appreciable weight and not get sore in the back, i did them yesterday.

135x5
225x5
315x5
405x4
435x2 My back was cooked, so were my hams, and my back is sore as shit in a good way today.

jcp2 said:
Yup, their is not way you can do these with any appreciable weight and not get sore in the back, i did them yesterday.

135x5
225x5
315x5
405x4
435x2 My back was cooked, so were my hams, and my back is sore as shit in a good way today.

Read UA Irons link. Though your lower back may feel sore the next day, the SLDL is not meant to train your lower back. However, that's not to say that your not working your lower back by just keeping it as straight and tight as possible. JCp2, I would look to the right mirror as your doing your SLDL's and make sure your lower back is not buckling at all. If your going down too far or letting your LB bend in the least way, then it would make sense your LB is sore.

Top Bottom