Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

dif. b/w failure @ 6-8 reps and 10-12 reps???

strength

Well after much debate with members and myself over rep range i need some more opinions.

For those of you who are against ever going about 8 reps, why is it not as effective reaching failure at around 10-15 reps than 4-8 reps??

All the top pro's say they truley grow from switching up their reps( key word is switching, not all the time) to high end, like 12 or even 15 rep sets, using light weight and making it as heavy as possible with strict form and concentraing on the eccentric contractions.

I personally have noticed that i am getting deeper cuts and better seperation in my muscle after switching over to higher reps. Im still pyramiding weight for the most part, but my last set is never under 8.

Any thoughts on this?????

If I had to go over 6 reps on every exercise...I'd just quit lifting. I just hate doing high reps...and I don't grow from them.

Want bigger cuts..diet.

The ONLY exercise that I have grown from high reps on is squats. Close stance, high bar squats.

B True

You should vary your training. The body is a very adaptive machine and your workouts must be changed constantly to avoid stagnation. Doing higher reps will give you some good benefits. You will increase the number of mitochondria in the muscle cells and you will increase the number of capillaries. Some people need to do higher reps to see results because their neuromuscular pathways and not as developed as someone else. For instance, you can have two people who bench 300lbs but one person can do more reps with 225. This usually means that the person who can't do more reps with 225 has better nerve stimulation to their muscles and they don't need as much exercise to stimulate muscle growth. On the other hand, it could also be a result of one person who trains with both high and low reps while the other guy only uses low reps.

Top Bottom