Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Did DL's for the first time since last fall tonight

hardrock

Go fuck your own face!
Platinum
Some of you may remember my almost crippling back injury last fall. Couldn't walk for almost a week. I'd post a link, but I'm doing this on my phone and that's a bitch enough.

Anyway, warmed up on the bike. Did some back ext and crunches to tighten up my core. Then proceeded to work my way up to 275 for 6 solid reps. Now I know that ain't shit to most of ya, but it was a fuggin milestone for me. Can't wait for the next session! Still gonna take it slow, then hit up a bulker for fall/winter and, if all goes well hit it hard.

There's my feel good story for the day :)

congrats on overcoming the injury and getting back on the right track man! did you injure your back deadlifting or was it something else?

nice bro

i didnt get injured, but i took 4 months off lifting altogether because of a new baby boy I had. Im gettin back into it and I knowhow u feel, keep up the good work

Cable rows. Last heavy set. Stretched to far returning the weight. Slipped my L1 & L2. Had to get wheeled into the ER in a wheelchair. Really fucked up my daily life for a while. Don't wanna be there again.

damn were u able to walk outta the gym?

Ive been lucky to never get injured, that sucks bro what a stupid injury lol glad ur back in it though

Yeah. I actually finished my workout. Just felt like a small strain, till I got home and sat down. Couldn't get up. Had to crawl to the frickin can.

And Spektor, don't know what you're implying with the Stevesmi ref?

I did the same EXACT thing this year. Overdid squats and plate pushes and felt things tightening up. Took it easy for a few days... cable rows, last set, heavy, stretched too far putting it down and POP! Ligament got plucked like a guitar string. I couldn't walk for days and when I was able to get up to see the doctors (chiro and regular), I had to use a cane. Worst pain of my life. I am just now back to DL and pulled up 405 yesterday but was scared as heck. Still doing great.

Congrats on the recovery Croc! Way to get back at it. I'm gonna go slow with getting my weight back. Might go for 315 next week. Gotta play it by ear, ya know.

Top Bottom