Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

did Arnold overtrain back in 70s???

arnold did all kinds of crazy stuff.
He lived right next to the gym , he would often times at night when he was bored go work calves for 2 hour
or just go do back rows all night untill he could do no more.
He called it instictive training looking at what you need to work and just working it.

many guys do what others would consider over training , but for them it works really well .

You have to find out your bodys limits and push it as far as you can go.
if you do over train then just rest untill you feel good again.

Most guys are so afraid of training they never push themselves to the limit in fear they will go to far.
Going to far is what leads to muscle growth

"The greatest feeling you can get in a gym or the most satisfying feeling you can get in the gym is the pump. Let's say you train your

biceps, blood is rushing in to your muscles and that's what we call the pump. Your muscles get a really tight feeling like your skin is going

to explode any minute and its really tight and its like someone is blowing air into your muscle and it just blows up and it feels different,

it feels fantastic. It's as satisfying to me as cumming is, you know, as in having sex with a woman and cumming. So can you believe how much

I am in heaven? I am like getting the feeling of cumming in the gym; I'm getting the feeling of cumming at home; I'm getting the feeling of

cumming backstage; when I pump up, when I pose out in front of 5000 people I get the same feeling, so I am cumming day and night. It's

terrific, right? So you know, I am in heaven.."

First off, we are not arnold and what worked for him most likely will not work for us. Second overtraining is not a myth. It is real and has more to do with your CNS recovery than muscle recovery. Listen to your body and train smart using periodization to avoid it

I agree to a point. But too many people sit here and want to tout the "OH it won't work for me" banner. heavy fuckin weights adds heavy fuckin muscle. Arnold worked out 4 or 5 hours a day? Something like that. Your CNS can also increase in efficiency and very few people are in danger of over training. At least at all the gyms I have been at comparing those workouts to basic or advanced infantry training schools.

take 2 weeks of basic training.

your body will adapt faster than you ever thought and you will learn a whole new level of what your limits are. Spend a few years in the infantry and you will discover entirely new limits to pain tolerance and endurance, survivability of conditions you previously didn't even realize existed. (135 degree's is a mother f#@#$ when your on a movement to contact)

Many athletes train for hours per day without CNS issues.

I would have thought gymnastic training would be fairly full on - I mean a fair degree of strength involved in rings, horse etc.

Overtraining is a myth.

Overtraining only occurs when you don't get enough recovery time during the WEEK. Not during the actual lift period itself. For example, lifting the same body part every day of the week balls to the wall THAT is an extreme example of overtraining. overtraining is not allowing your muscles to fully recover during the week for a variety of reasons including: lack of sleep, lack of rest time, lack of protein, ect.

You could exhause your muscles to the point where you cannot move them and you are NOT overtraining. It only becomes overtraining when you do not give them time to recover as the week goes along.

The harder you work your muscles in the gym the longer it takes for them to recover. If you work your muscles moderately then moderate recovery time is needed. If you work your muscles HARD then a lot of recovery time is needed. If you do 2 sets and leave the gym then basically no recovery time is needed. It all depends on how depleted your muscles are.

That is the rundown on "overtraining".

Yeah we know that sherlock.the point being arnold trained two times a day and each body part twice a week.that's the trading the ts wants to know if it constituted overtraining

Top Bottom