Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

diamond trap bar and dead lift bar question

A.L. brook

I had to stop doing deadlift with the straight bar because I got a back injury at work, the worst of all is that deadlifts were my favorite workout routine for my legs, and I miss doing them, so the doc. told me I can make my injury worst because you bend your lower back and force it when you come up, so I was wondering if the trap bar would make any difference since your back is in a straight position, and start doing my dead lifts again.

Your back should be straight with any bar. Sounds like a form breakdown. The trap/diamond bar will be a slightly different movement though. So I say give it a try and see how it feels.
What kind of injury by the way? Back injury is very vague.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i would have to see what you are talking about. form is very important as saiyan said.... unfortunately most guys are more worried about ego than proper form in the gym. i see these skinny dudes doing 300+ deadlifts with horrible form and using straps. I'm not impressed by that. i would rather see someone do proper form with half that weight and actually get a proper workout

The trap bar or doing rack pulls would be a good substitution for regular deadlifts. Both of those movements will put less emphasis on the lower back then regular deadlifts.

If you have an injury - start light. It's not worth risking making your injury even worse. The first couple of times doing the movement, just go 80%. It's better to keep something in the tank and not hurt yourself then to make your injury even worse and be out of the gym for a couple weeks while it recovers.

I had to stop doing deadlift with the straight bar because I got a back injury at work, the worst of all is that deadlifts were my favorite workout routine for my legs, and I miss doing them, so the doc. told me I can make my injury worst because you bend your lower back and force it when you come up, so I was wondering if the trap bar would make any difference since your back is in a straight position, and start doing my dead lifts again.

Well first of all I would avoid deadlifts if you have a serious back injury.

Your doctor told you that for a reason and you can do other exercises for your legs.

Well first of all I would avoid deadlifts if you have a serious back injury.

Your doctor told you that for a reason and you can do other exercises for your legs.

Even squats would be easier on the back than deadlifts.

Many would argue that done properly when healthy it can contribute to future back health. (How much work does the lumbar region get in a non gym-goer that doesn't amount to bending over at the waist?) However, once you have an existing problem, the deadlift is going to aggravate it, there's no getting around that.

Top Bottom