Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Developing chest shape/upper chest

CNovaJason

Ok, anyone have a super secret routine for blasting upper chest and making it grow? I do incline dumbell/barbell bench, sometimes pullovers, flyes, and pushups......but I cannot seem to round out my chest or give it any kind of shape. Should I try wide wide grips? closer grips? Let me know any info bros, please! I'm begging here.

If your focus is on the upper region of your chest, try doing inclines first for a while on chest day. This will make for a weak flat bench, but don't sweat it. And I agree on hitting it 2x a week as w/ any lagging body part for that matter. One day start w/ incline DB's. The other day start w/ incline BB w/ a wide grip. I'm only 5'9" and I've been putting my index finger on the ring. If your goal is upper pec developement (not strength) then go wide on incline BB. Throw in some incline flyes at the end on one day. The other day do some upper cross-overs...pulling the cables up from the bottum. This method has worked pretty well for me. Good luck.

Actually, optimal growth would occur with a constant load applied against the muscle with the perfect amount of nutrients. Frequency of loading along with progression is really key with training any muscle, so I can't agree with 2x a week being optimal.

It certainly is better than using all that shit you're using though, cnova. Stick with a few basic exercises for the chest. Try incline bench press coupled with dips or flat bench press. Drop the flies. Drop the pushups. Drop the pullovers. They're useless.

As for the shape, you can't change that. Your parents gave your muscles their shape. That's what we call genetics. Do what you can to build your chest thicker - it will fill out how it was intended. You can do little else.

still need to eat
training can be perfect, but if nutrition isnt on, the results wont come
you cant build without building materials

I usually throw in 1 chest excercise a day (sets of 10 Med. weight) when I go to the gym, usually after my original workout. But I vary it up from Flat, Incline, Incline Dumbells, Flys, Inclined Flys and Cables, I've noticed that this has helped the shape of my chest alot in the 6 months that I've been using this routine..

Top Bottom