Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Detroitfire sick & tired of being sick and tired 5X5 baby

detroitfire

Just getting back in to training after nearly 6 months off due to a focus on school, anyways here we go boys and gals...

Did some training now for about 4 weeks and muscles are starting to feel full again and I am pushing better weight with less pain than I have ever had but...

I want something more, so I started searching for some training advice on my fav site elitefitness lol...

5X5 sounded like the way to go from the raving I have read here...

Day 1
Squats warmups*

135x5*
135x5*

155x5
175x5
195x5
215x5
235x5

Bench

135x10* x2sets
185x5
195x5
205x5
215x5
225x5

Rows Were the same weights as bench weights

This was my first day and I am open to any suggestions that you guys have for me as to picking my weights up to my final set... felt if i go to light that I wouldnt be warm enough on the bench and could possibly hurt myself... If it is better i will use less lbs before my final set of 5...
Drop me a line and let me know what you think peeps... I keep it real!!!

first off good choice in choosing the 5x5.. it'll get u alot of strength.. just curios as tho whether u have the form down on all the lifts.. not trying to sound like an ass here.. but just making sure..

and WOW!! ur bench is so near your squats?!!

Are you following the intermediate 5x5 as laid out on Madcow's homepage? That program will help structure your progression.

beerdrinker said:
I'm thinking maybe the weights should be spaced out more on your bench. 10lbs looks a litle close?

I was thinking the same thing for my benching and my rows space it out a little more...

My bench has never been all that big... 225X5 was a new record for me...
Squating I never kept track of... but that weight was a pretty good choice for me... didnt want to go to heavy and screw up my workout... and for Rows my back has always been my strong point... I am not sure how to do them in this program but I did them reverse grip like my buddy Yates did them...

Call me dumb but there were so many links on madcows page going to other pages and more links and links and links... I just work my way up to the top set of 5 for day 1 then follow the other days routines RIGHT?

I am getting my bf% tested and will do an official weigh in for everyone and keep up on my stats to let everyone know the progression

Workout #2 is later on today for and I get to do my favorite exercise... Deadlifts baby

Thanks for the read everyone... I'll be back

August 24, 2006 Day 2

Squats warm ups*

135x5*
135x5*
155x5
175x5
195x5
215x5 went up on the 4th set dont ask why

Deadlifts

135x5*
225x5
270x5
315x5
360x5 with the use of a belt... no straps or chalk

Standing military press

95x5
115x5
130x5
145x5

My shoulders are not my strong point and i started from too low of a point in the "power cage"?... anyways it was tough for me...

Let me know what you think bros any help is appreciated!!!

Top Bottom