Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Denouncing Weight Training, Now Advocate Of Bodyweight Training

Legion Kreinak

I appreciate what everyone here has done to try and help me when I asked constant questions. Always barraging you with my curiosity, and stubborn attitude. That's just how I am, I have to continue to question everything until I figure out what I really wanna do. And I decided to drop the weights, and train completely with bodyweights. I just wanna see how this goes for awhile. Chins, crunches, pushups, heel raises, squats... they generally work your entire body. With lots of running and biking combined, I should be in great physical shape. Plus, I know it's still resistance training, and will still allow me to gain strength, while keeping size minimal.

It will work for a short time, until your body adapts to em. You need to keep adding resistance to progress. And the strength you do gain is only minimal.

Let me put it this way, if you go up against someone of the same skill level as you, but who can bench 400 Full Squat 500 and power clean 400 you will lose :)

You dont stick with anything long enough to see results Legion. You are very young and its great that you ask questions but make up your mind and stick with it for awhile. You could lift completely wrong and still get some gains at your age. Bodyweight training is great for endurance but that is about it. Look at anyone in the military- all bodyweight training. Weights are the only thing that will get you some size. If you just want to box at featherweight class fine then train like a boxer, otherwise eat eat eat eat and lift heavy! If I was you and I was your age again I would get up to around 185-195 pounds and train my ass off in Jiu Jitsu,kickboxing and boxing. Mixed martial arts is allot more exciting than straight boxing IMHO. Arent you pretty tall anyway?

Pursue the type of training that suits your needs. Not all people who are fit and in good shape workout with weights. You are young and still have plenty of time to pick up strength training. Good luck!

Legion Kreinak said:
I. I just wanna see how this goes for awhile. Chins, crunches, pushups, heel raises, squats... they generally work your entire body. With lots of running and biking combined, I should be in great physical shape. Plus, I know it's still resistance training, and will still allow me to gain strength, while keeping size minimal.

Nobby was so angry that he put his head into an automated teller machine, on reading hour heathenous remarks!!!
Nice going. We pray for your demise.

On a serious note, I have found that, for me, 3 workouts a week (and I have repeatedly tried 4, or 5) work for me!
If you aint growin, cut down on the frequency of workouts!
Then...see growth!

Legion Kreinak said:
I . That's just how I am, I have to continue to question everything until I figure out what I really wanna do. And I decided to drop the weights, and train completely with bodyweights. I just wanna see how this goes for awhile. Chins, crunches, pushups, heel raises, squats... they generally work your entire body..

I mean this seriously, bro- I have wondered myself what such an approach to bbding would achieve, but didnt have the guts to do what you did- and post my plans to find out!

I, for one, am interested in what you have to say concerning the 'bodyweight only' workouts...keep us posted. bro!!
I equate 'bodyweight only' workouts with the 10 by 10 volume training... going to try it soon, cause I am in a rut.

Right now it's 3 sets of the exercises I said. 15 pushups, 6 chins, 50 crunches (held for 4 secs... i just love stomach workouts), 20 squats (ass2floor), 50 heel raises standing on a block so i can get a big range of motion which really adds tension by 50, and then about 45 mins of staff practice every night (i do everything better at night) along with either running/biking first thing in the morning. A healthy diet. It mainly consists of tuna... I eat alot of it too, since it's got so little calories. Actually, with what I eat now I probably get easily 300gs from tuna... 32 each can... yeah 9 cans a day, plus protein from milk, a lil from OJ etc. I know the chins are low now... but for some reason my elbows have been KILLING me lately (another reason for stopping weight training. Upright rows and bench tore me apart after awhile, and I don't wanna screw up myself that badly). Once my elbows heal a lil' I'll probably up it to like 12. That should be adequate. The most I've ever done at a time is 25, then I couldn't even lift my arms to wash my hair in the shower (actually... I'm serious too, when you combine that with like 40 pushups with a closer stance to target the triceps more). So, I'll continue posting on my progress I suppose. I'll up the reps slowly over time. My workout is either M/W/F or just every other day. For bodyweight workouts, three/four days a week shouldn't be bad... Oh, and cardio is daily, of course. I'll make a more organized post later, this is all rambling and stuff, and I'm tryin' to talk to my girlfriend now! =D

I'm surprised I didn't get flamed that badly...

Legion Kreinak said:

I'm surprised I didn't get flamed that badly...

:theranger :mommakin: There ya go bro

seriously, to each his own. I don't think anyone minds because it just means one less person on the squat rack for the rest of us:D
good luck with it

Top Bottom