Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Delts and Traps? Bulldog? Needsize? Buehler?

JKurz1

Banned
Anyone have a delt/trap routine that they have posted here or currently use with solid results? I think it's the bodypart I need the most work on....I think I'm doing to much pressing movements.......any thoughts?

I stole this workout from coleman.
milatary press 4x12
side laterial raise (this is the killer) start at a weight say 20lb for 20 reps then up to 30 for 15 then 40 for 10 the 50 for 6. no rest in between. Then do it agian only up all weights by 10 lbs so you start at 30 and work your way up. So you do 2 giant sets of laterial raises.
db front raiaes 4x12
bent over rows 4x12
standing bb rows 4x8
pec dec for rear delts 3x10
traps 4 sets of burnouts 15-20 as heavy as possable

My shoulders are geneticly flat and this worout helped big time.

BIGDHO said:
I stole this workout from coleman.
milatary press 4x12
side laterial raise (this is the killer) start at a weight say 20lb for 20 reps then up to 30 for 15 then 40 for 10 the 50 for 6. no rest in between. Then do it agian only up all weights by 10 lbs so you start at 30 and work your way up. So you do 2 giant sets of laterial raises.
db front raiaes 4x12
bent over rows 4x12
standing bb rows 4x8
pec dec for rear delts 3x10
traps 4 sets of burnouts 15-20 as heavy as possable

My shoulders are geneticly flat and this worout helped big time.

Many are against front raise.......you like?

Also, bb rows? Talking uprights? Thanks for the psot bro.....THIEF!

I do because I need all the help I can get. I dont feel like Im overtraining them personally.I seem to put all my size in my rear delts and traps so I need the size.

YA bro uprights......:)

rep range is 10-12 and I go heavy on the presses and middle of the road on the raises......dont want a messed up rotator cuff. For uprights I do 135 for 12 at 4 sets. not to heavy but good enough to make the old delts scream.

bigdho pretty much hit it all..good stuff bro..i would add 2 things..first with side laterals make sure you are lifting from the elbow and imagine you are pouring water from 2 jugs i.e ur pinky should be higher than ur thumb at the top..most people use all traps with this b/c they are using to heavy a weight and never target that side head..start light 10 lbs get the right feel...second 1 arm cable side laterals are excellent for width and making your delts look like melons..i saw this in cutler's video where he pulls from behind his body rather in front..i jsut started doing these 2 weeks ago and i love em..

first thing people have to drop with a rotator cuff injury is "pinkies high" side raises. another one is upright rows.

food for thought.

if you are looking to overload your delts do it with variations of overheads or shoulders neutral side raises (scaption). wide grip rows or face pulls for rear delts.

the best overload on tender joints is actually a compound movement, not isolation. hence squats and not leg extensions, presses vs. flyes/laterals, pullups vs. pullovers.

wnt2bBeast said:
bigdho pretty much hit it all..good stuff bro..i would add 2 things..first with side laterals make sure you are lifting from the elbow and imagine you are pouring water from 2 jugs i.e ur pinky should be higher than ur thumb at the top..most people use all traps with this b/c they are using to heavy a weight and never target that side head..start light 10 lbs get the right feel...second 1 arm cable side laterals are excellent for width and making your delts look like melons..i saw this in cutler's video where he pulls from behind his body rather in front..i jsut started doing these 2 weeks ago and i love em..

good tips bro.......Ill try the laterials from behind the body, sounds like a good idea.

Top Bottom