Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Delts and Traps? Bulldog? Needsize? Buehler?

I find if I'm out of the gym for a while, and I come back and do deads...the next day my ENTIRE back (along with my traps) are sore as hell. So the traps get worked on those pretty good...which makes sense since you're holding all that weight.

Also, if you want to do front raises, do them with palms facing each other...it puts the humerus in a more optimal position, which takes some stress off those cuff muscles.

For shoulders I just do deads, DB presses, and one set of each front- and lateral-raises.

Also...one more thing that might help you guys is when doing dips...really extend your arms at the top. Like once your arms are all the way straight, push up a little higher. This works your serratus anterior, which will pull the scapula forward and down a little bit. This sort of seperates the traps from the shoulders, so your traps look more defined...you get sort of a divot between the traps and delts.

You can do the same thing with push-ups (and to a lesser extent pressing movements with the chest...ie flat-, incline-, and decline-bench).

we had a thread like this last week. I looked for the darn thing, but couldnt find it. That sucks because i already wrote it out. Anyways here is my shoulder routine:

1. seated military press - 3 sets of 10 (225) or go till i can no longer get a set of 10 (275)
2. seated lateral raises - 4 sets - 2 sets (same weight 20 or 25) - singles then doubles
- 2 sets (25 or 30) - singles then doubles
3. seated rear raises - 4 sets - 2 sets (same weight 20 or 25) - singles then doubles
- 2 sets (25 or 30) - singles then doubles
4. (sometimes, not very often)
seated front raises - 4 sets - 2 sets (same weight 25 or 30) - singles then doubles
- 2 sets (30 or 35) - singles then doubles
5. upright rows - 3 or 4 sets of 10 (bar + 25s, 25s+10s, 45s, sometimes 45s+10s)
6. shrugs - wide grip - 3 or 4 sets of 10 (225, 315, 405)
7. shrugs - close grip - 2 sets of 10 at 225

corey

i stole the seated lateral raises singles/doubles idea from a master's bobybuilder here at Pitt. He has incredible massive shoulders, probably his best attribute. Of course i tweaked with the idea and then integrated into my workout. I already have beefy/round shoulders, so im not a great person to evaluate the routine on. However, i love the routine and have never gotten a better burn or harder workout on my shoulders. I have noticed some more definition in my side and rear delts though.

A better example is my workout partner. He is a little guy (5'7" at 175lbs). When he started training with me, he was a 160. As you can see he has put on 15lbs of muscle since we started training together. He had relatively small shoulders and was very weak on shoulders and bench. After 8 months his shoulders are quite beefy/round. He has developed incredible definition too.

corey

1-2 sets of seated DB presses (100lbs dbs x 5) done 2 times every 3 weeks sometimes a set or 2 of seated laterals (30-45lbs).

Train them on Chest/tri's day.. used to train them with back but I prefer to wack the rotaters in one day and then let my shoulders recover. I find training my shoulders directly more frequently than this actually makes them smaller & my other pressing exercises suffer.

traps... well if deadlifting 550 for reps & doing partials with 700+ doest work my traps then what are 315lb shrugs gonna do? Not a damn thing.

Bulldog_10 said:
I find if I'm out of the gym for a while, and I come back and do deads...the next day my ENTIRE back (along with my traps) are sore as hell. So the traps get worked on those pretty good...which makes sense since you're holding all that weight.

Also, if you want to do front raises, do them with palms facing each other...it puts the humerus in a more optimal position, which takes some stress off those cuff muscles.

For shoulders I just do deads, DB presses, and one set of each front- and lateral-raises.

Also...one more thing that might help you guys is when doing dips...really extend your arms at the top. Like once your arms are all the way straight, push up a little higher. This works your serratus anterior, which will pull the scapula forward and down a little bit. This sort of seperates the traps from the shoulders, so your traps look more defined...you get sort of a divot between the traps and delts.

You can do the same thing with push-ups (and to a lesser extent pressing movements with the chest...ie flat-, incline-, and decline-bench).

Hey you finally made it over here lol..good to see ya :chomp:

Tweakle said:
1-2 sets of seated DB presses (100lbs dbs x 5) done 2 times every 3 weeks sometimes a set or 2 of seated laterals (30-45lbs).

Train them on Chest/tri's day.. used to train them with back but I prefer to wack the rotaters in one day and then let my shoulders recover. I find training my shoulders directly more frequently than this actually makes them smaller & my other pressing exercises suffer.

traps... well if deadlifting 550 for reps & doing partials with 700+ doest work my traps then what are 315lb shrugs gonna do? Not a damn thing.

man.....looks like your sessions are extremely quick and to the point....nothing wrong with that...........what are your stats?

about 5' 10" 215 as of this morning 375/510/588 bench/sq/dead.

I dont discount high volume training but it doesn't work for me unfortunately! I actually love training so if I could I'd spend a lot longer in the gym.. I do think a higher volume would be better for bodybuilding purposes

Top Bottom