Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Delts and Traps? Bulldog? Needsize? Buehler?

I find mine grow best when I train back/shoulders together, too much overlap otherwise.
For delts I just do military press and side laterals, never saw the point in front raises as they get too much stimulation during every other workout. I find drop sets on both exercises really do it for me.
Traps, I like heavy deads, and holding it at lockout for as long as i can after my last rep. Then just finish up with some strict shrugs, too many people load the bar up with too much weight, I'd rather concentrate on full range

JKurz1 said:
Anyone have a delt/trap routine that they have posted here or currently use with solid results? I think it's the bodypart I need the most work on....I think I'm doing to much pressing movements.......any thoughts?

Here's what I've been throwing in every now and then:

Start with a superset of standing Arnold presses (starting dumbells faced palms towards you) with dumbell upright rows (same dumbells...go light!)
35'sx8 (Arnold's), 35'sx8 (upright rows) x 4sets

*Make sure to keep the rest periods only 30-60 secs.

Standing dumbell side laterals (again...light!)
20'sx8 (3 sets)

*When you begin these, your first few reps should be static holds. Extend the dumbells out and hold at top for a count of eight, then lower. Immediately go into next rep same way. Do as many reps as you can this way (you'll probably only be able to do 4 or 5 depending on what weight you use) then finish out your reps with regular side lat's but make sure to keep constant tension on the delts...don't come all the way down. Again, keep rest periods as short as possible.

Alternating cable side laterals for rear delts
20lbsx8 (each side) for 3 sets

*Use the cables with no attachment. Keep pinky up and thumb pointed to the floor through entire rep. When raising the weight, stop halfway up on the rep and hold for 4 seconds, continue upward motion and complete rep. Do not bring weight all the way down at bottom of rep, same principle...constant tension.

Give it a shot, see if it works for you. Since I've incorporated this into my routine I've seen more definition and development than the last 2 years of training with a standard shoulder routine. Plus, with short rest periods, I've been getting a pump in my delts after these workouts like I've never had before. Good luck.

*Traps should really be done with back day IMO.*

Good point needsize. Drop sets rule, never thought about doing them for shoulders ... sunday shall be interesting!

i know this definately wont help you, but i do

-Military press 12, 10, 8, 6

-cleans jerk (i learned that term today, along with the exersises) 3x6 but it will def change

-machine shoulder press- 3x10

-arnolds- 4x8

-reverse peck deck 3x10 but i do that on back day, but it still works back shoulders

and for traps i just do barbell shrugs ;)

dropsets on military press are fun, I've smacked myself in the head with the bar a few times. The hammer strength machine is great for that

Top Bottom