Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Delts Today!

Id have to say 12-15 reps worked real well for me. Although these days its hard to tell, since I incorporate so many rep ranges in each routine. I usually try for 12-15 reps on shoulders though.

Lower reps on compound...higher on target movements.

I can see how 5x5 would work real well on delts. Also, I love to drop set on Laterals, Rear Laterals and uprights.

JKurz1 said:
MAN...I can't fathom going over 10-12 reps MAX, and never 8 on presses.......hmmm...

I really try to push the heaviest weights I can in those rep ranges. I take each set to failure, and alot of times Im sure I only get out 8-10 reps, sometimes less. So it is hard to pick a single rep range. I used to use alot of machines for shoulders and made real good progress using 12-15 reps on those, along with upright rowing and then followed it up with traps. Whenever I do side laterals Ill go with 12-15 reps with pretty heavy weights for that movement. I have alot of muscle endurance also, probabally from always training this way, so I can hit 60 reps straight on laterals without a problem (dropsets) even after many sets of incline pressing beforehand . My main goal is usually failure and keeping the intensity, more so then just the rep range. I seem to favor 12-15 most of the time though, even on the pressing movements. Ill do some heavier sets with the 100's sometimes and may only get 8 reps on those sometimes. So I cant say the rep range is always consistent. Heres a sample from a recent shoulder workout from my journal (Done after about 14 sets of heavy inclines I believe):

Shoulders:

Seated Dumbell Shoulder Press:

60x12
75x8
75x8
75x9
75x8

Dumbell Side Laterals:

Dropset: (NO rest between sets)

35'sx15
30x15
25x15
15x15

Cable Laterals:

50x15
60x15
70x15

You can see most of my sets were in the 12-15 rep range aside from some of the dumbell presses. Each workout is different for me really, but gives you an idea. Hope that helps

I should add that I picked up an idea from someone on the boards(forget who)..that is to do BB military before DB presses....the weights will be lessened for the DB portion and therefore easier to get into position.....

Beast how are those cable laterals working for you? I have felt my medial delts get a lot thicker after I started doing these....

InTraining said:
I should add that I picked up an idea from someone on the boards(forget who)..that is to do BB military before DB presses....the weights will be lessened for the DB portion and therefore easier to get into position.....

Beast how are those cable laterals working for you? I have felt my medial delts get a lot thicker after I started doing these....

I like those alot. I used to do them with the rope attachment from the bottom pulley for front raises also. I get so much front delt work these days I dont do them too often anymore. I stick with the cable laterals though to hit the side delts. I like those alot. Especially after dumbell laterals. I really feel them

I began doing the 5x5 mrthod as I stated in previous posts. Here is my routine:

Behind neck presses 5X5 ( I know many will disagree, they have always worked for me!!!!) If you do em right, you will be fine.

Laterals 2x10 each set is a drop set

Uprights 2x10 may strip weight down on last set

bent over laterals 2x10

I will do dumbell presses after Behind the necks. 80's usually for as many as I can. Also I sometimes include 1 set of incline lateral raises on a bench.

Simple yet effective.

sets of 10, 4 sets

10 singles, 10 doubles, 10 singles, 10 doubles

only sides and rears, no fronts for me

Top Bottom