Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Delts Today!

i havnt been lifting long enuff to experiment and see what works for me more than another thing, but i like working shoulders alot :)

but most of my stuff is between the 8-10 reps except i pyramid for military presses

For two years I stuck with DB presses as my main lift for shoulders, followed by uprights and laterals. Over the last few months, I've switched to BB press, and the difference is incredible. My shoulders have really responded to it. Max rep at 8, low at 2 or 3, with help from a spotter. For laterals, I shoot for 10 reps.

For presses I don't go over 8 reps very often(not counting WU). For my lat raises and RD's, I go 12 at most. Here's my last shoulder WO.

Push Press 155/6 175/5 3sets (just added these in today, went light)
Seated Arnolds 50/10 65/8 65/8
seated db lat raises 40's/8 then drop to 30's for 8 for 3 sets
RD cable 50/8 3 sets
db shrugs 105/15 115/15 115/15(went light on traps this week, plus that's the heaviest db's we have lol.)

It's a pretty quick WO(45min) I am only on 1 bodypart per day right now. Can't wait to start adding some real weight to the Push presses!

WalkingBeast said:
I like those alot. I used to do them with the rope attachment from the bottom pulley for front raises also. I get so much front delt work these days I dont do them too often anymore. I stick with the cable laterals though to hit the side delts. I like those alot. Especially after dumbell laterals. I really feel them

I try to cover most of the rep range lol..start out with 10 reps down to 3-6 with dbell presses..heaviest set is usually 110's or 115's..im with walking on those cable side laterals..usually do 3 sets of d-bells then 3 sets of cables..i do them like jay cutler and pull from behind my body..again i rarely go above 10 reps on these as well and stick 5-8..if you do them right this will murder that side delt head..i see so many guys doing 60 lbs dbell presses and 35 lbs side laterals :rolleyes: with their hands finishing higher than the elbows..u should be pulling from the elbows to hit the side heads..if u have shoulder prob's than use a lighter weight or dont do them at all..

JKurz1 said:
Who uses the SMITH?

I've never had to...after the gym took out the seated military station I had to do these in a power rack....and I just put the safety bars at the desired location in case I fail....

wnt2bBeast said:
I try to cover most of the rep range lol..start out with 10 reps down to 3-6 with dbell presses..heaviest set is usually 110's or 115's..im with walking on those cable side laterals..usually do 3 sets of d-bells then 3 sets of cables..i do them like jay cutler and pull from behind my body..again i rarely go above 10 reps on these as well and stick 5-8..if you do them right this will murder that side delt head..i see so many guys doing 60 lbs dbell presses and 35 lbs side laterals :rolleyes: with their hands finishing higher than the elbows..u should be pulling from the elbows to hit the side heads..if u have shoulder prob's than use a lighter weight or dont do them at all..

lol
you have to love the guys who try using the 60s for side laterals. Just look over at them at start laughing.

I saw a guy at the gym doing 60+ db lat raises....he was doing the 150's(with ease)for db shoulder press right before that. I didn't laugh at him lol.

JKurz1 said:
Who uses the SMITH?

I do these days, but only for shoulder presses.

Initially, I didn't like using the Smith at ALL :) Especially with anything heavy, the bar felt more comfortable/natural.

However, Dante's a big Smith machine guy, and has most of his guys use it for various kinds of presses. Since we do two rest-pause "mini-sets" after an intial set to failure, relatively high reps (11-15 total) and static holds, doing presses on a machine has a few advantages for us.

I miss doing them with a barbell, though *frowns* I'll get back to it sometime in the near future. With a decent spotter and power rack I should still be able to rest-pause and such about as easily.

Top Bottom