Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Delts

siggma

my goal is to improve my delts without my traps growing that much. my traps are already pretty big and if they get bigger they will start to look disproportionate. below is the shoulder workout im doing now, should i be worried about my traps getting significantly bigger?

db shoulder press seated + lat raises
-superset, 3X12

if by improve you mean 'grow' then yea, just do heavy heavy dumbell or barbell presses.
if you're more interested in shape or definition, you could add in arnold presses on top of those.

Yea I want my delts to grow and my traps to not grow. So to rephrase my question would doing shoulder presses and lat raises help my delts to grow without causing my traps to grow?

i always feel like lat raises hit your traps a lot. for delts focus on getting your military press w/o as high as you can

i always feel like lat raises hit your traps a lot. for delts focus on getting your military press w/o as high as you can

I've been doing military press for a while and just started to use db shoulder press instead. im looking to superset it, do you know of any exercises i could superset shoulder press with? (that dont work the delts)

BB press works my traps hard. Between deads, presses, and rows I do zero direct trap work and they have grown in proportion to my shoulders.

Focus your efforts on presses, laterals, and rear delt work. I've never seen anyone who's rear delts were too big and they are the key to big capped delts imo.

im thinking of supersetting upright row with db shoulder press. Should that be enough to work all areas of my delts without making my traps grow significantly?

Top Bottom