Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Deloading? How often should i do it?

sayforn

My deloading schedule is like this:
Every 2 weeks I deload and take an extra day off and the day i come back i do half the sets and reps
With that said how would you adjust this for someone dealing with some joint and nagging injuries?
I’m 55 years old and been training for about 25 years

Every 2 weeks I deload and take an extra day off and the day i come back i do half the sets and reps
With that said how would you adjust this for someone dealing with some joint and nagging injuries?

I feel for you. Working through rotator cuff issues myself. I'm not up to your age yet, but getting there at 47. I don't really "deload". I work out 5 days a week and take weekends off. The big thing is stretching and warming up before you start stacking the weight on. I tend to find myself getting more injured when I take time off for something like a trip or getting sick then try to get back in the gym a week later and hit it hard. (Yep, shoulder started acting up two days after I returned from 10 days off in Jamaica.)

I sometimes think these are the things that test and separate each person from the pack. A lot of guys get hurt, have surgery, and never find time to come back. Can not be that guy, to me after surgery it is more important than ever to get back into the gym!

I take 2 weeks off every 6 months thats my deload you can try that

Top Bottom