Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Delayed onset muscle soreness (DOMS) muscle recovery.muscle recovery time

needtogetaas

Delayed onset muscle soreness (DOMS), also sometimes called muscle fever, is the pain or discomfort often felt 24 to 72 hours after exercising and subsides generally within two to three days. This is more commonly known as being 'stiff' the morning after a sporting activity. Its has some effect on muscle recovery and muscle recovery time.

The precise cause is unknown. DOMS is commonly thought to be caused by increased lactate concentrations but it has been shown that elevated levels of lactic acid rarely persist after an hour of rest.

Although the precise cause is still unknown, the type of muscle contraction seems to be a key factor in the development of DOMS. A recently developed theory states that DOMS is caused by the breakdown of muscular fibres. This is particularly apparent in strength/resistance programs. The breakdown occurs due to stress, and allows the muscles to grow stronger and larger, as shown through hypertrophy. Exercises that involve many eccentric contractions, such as downhill running or slow "negatives" during weight training, will result in the most severe DOMS. This has been shown to be the result of more muscle cell damage than is seen with typical concentric contractions, in which a muscle successfully shortens during contraction against a load

Some research claims that DOMS is not caused by the pain from damaged muscle cells, but from the reinforcement process.[3] The muscle responds to training by reinforcing itself up to and above its previous strength by increasing the size of muscle fibers (muscle hypertrophy). This reinforcement process causes the cells to swell in their compartment and put pressure on nerves and arteries, producing pain.This is part of the muscle recovery muscle recovery time process

DOMS , originally named by physiologist Sonja Trierweiler, typically causes stiffness, swelling, strength loss, and pain.[4][5] Continued exertion of sore muscles can cause further swelling and pain, and lengthen the period of muscular soreness. There is some scientific evidence that further training—a so-called second bout—has no negative effect on the reinforcement process.[6] Training in a state of constant soreness would be uncomfortable, although one may be able to adapt to it. The relationship between muscular soreness,muscle recovery,muscle recovery time, and hypertrophy is a contentious topic in bodybuilding. Claims that perpetual muscular soreness assures muscle growth are opposed by reports of stagnation through overtraining[citation needed].

Stretching before and after exercise has been suggested as a way of reducing DOMS, as have warming up before exercise, cooling down afterwards, and gently warming the area.[7] However, there is also evidence that the effect of stretching on muscle soreness is negligible.[8] Overstretching itself can cause DOMS.[9] Some[who?] recommend contrast showers as a treatment, alternating between cold and hot water; as it may increase circulatio

Delayed onset muscle soreness - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Now my take on the subject. Can you still train when muscles are sore and hurting? YA damn right you can. Will this cause cannibalism ? NO!!!! as any one who has done a 5x5 program for the first time and worked out legs doing squats 3 times a week along with dead lifts the answer is one big huge NO!!!!!

Just because your muscles are sore in no way means you can not work them. That is a myth and a big one at that. As a matter of fact anyone who has trained long enough or done a 5x5 program will tell you that about 3-5 weeks into it your muscles dont even get sore anymore after they get used to working them 3 times a week. However you still need to recover and repair after a work out or after you work a muscle group. If you don't let your muscles recover and repair, they will continue to break down and you will actually get weaker.

The question is how long and which muscle groups need what amount of rest? This is the long debated topic on all weight lifting forums and one that needs to be covered.

I am going to talk about a few aspect of recovery,rest time,"actively recovering",and ways to not only improve recovery time but also diminish the amount of pain you are in and time in which you are in pain.

First I want to talk about getting our muscles recovered faster. Because once you know how to do this then we can talk about how long you need to let them recover. I think what you do to help them recover has a huge baring on how long you should need before you can work them again.

1. "actively recovering".

After a hard workout, it would seem that complete rest would be the best way to encourage recovery. Not true

http://etd.sun.ac.za/bitstream/10019/1602/3/Venter, R.E.pdf

A great write up on active recovery as well as many other forums of recovery can be found in these texts. Also many other test have now shown that light expercise or keep muscle groups active during times of rest helps them to recover much faster and reduces muscle pain aka doms.

This can be as easy as arobics on off days ( and not HIC) but light aerobics to what I feel is the best form of "active recovery"

On off days stand in front of a mirror and then proceed to do what is called "isometric exercising" (look it up). This is when muscle is tensed by exerting it against a immovable object or a object that is not even there ie lifting fake weights :biggrin:

For example you can pretend to do a dumb bell curl. Reach the top of the movement and squeeze like hell. pretend you are lifting a huge amount of weight and really really squeeze hard and tight with all your might until your arm shakes with the exertion. the ideal length of contraction should be 6-10 seconds
then rest and repeat for reps of 8-10 for each muscle group you worked the day before.

The shaking is actually indicative of poor tone as well as pore muscle endurance. Regular use of this form of exercise will effectively improve muscle and endurance as well as speed muscle recovery.

2. Nutrition on days off.

It is a common practice for people to eat less calories on off days or less carbs. Its believed that less calories are needed on off days. The thought is less energy is used because of not doing a work out so less carbs and calories are needed. WRONG AGAIN.

Carbohydrates and overall daily calorie intake has a profound effect on muscle recovery. Just because you need carbs for energy and work out fuel do not be fooled into thinking you only need the post work out and on off days.

Carbohydrates break down into glucose molecules. When used as energy, carbohydrates fuel become fuel for your muscles and brain. If your body does not have any use for the glucose, it is converted into glycogen and stored it in the liver and muscles as an energy reserve. Your body can store about a half a day's supply of glycogen. If your body has more glucose than it can use as energy, or convert to glycogen for storage, the excess is converted to fat. Bu do not be scared into thinking that just because you are not working out that day that your body will turn all your carbs to fat!!! O no no my friend.

Cutting back on carb the day before your next work out day only uses up your precious glycogen stores. It takes as little as 12 hours of carb fasting to completely drain your liver glycogen stores. Carbohydrates are the brain and muscle's fuel, so your body needs to use carbs even while you sleep. Even if you skip dinner the night before, your glycogen stores will be slightly less the next morning.

Low glycogen forces your body to switch to using more body fat for energy (sounds good don't it but keep reading) and begin converting amino acids from proteins to fuel. Using fats and amino acids this way is inefficient - it pulls amino acids away from proteins. This has additional negative effects and potentially weakens your immune defenses as well as robs your muscles of the amino acids and complete proteins. The amino acids and minerals found in protein are necessary in muscular development.Carbohydrates, especially complex carbohydrates are the most efficient fuel source for muscles and brain. If muscle have to use another form of fuel even if its just to get threw the day then they are not allowed to focus on muscle growth. Not allowed to use other nutrients in the way they are needed to be used.

For this reason it is far butter to reduce carbs very very slightly and then use a nutrient partitioner/ carn utilization product like need2slin http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/a...ate-nutrient-partitioner-glucagon-688605.html

This will help drive the carbs you are taking into the muscles to be stored as energy and what is not needed to be pushed out as waist. Using this product on both work out and non work out days rather then lowering carb intake greatly increases muscle recovery and carb utilization. Muscles will be fuller and recover faster and you will also have more energy and strength for the next days work out.

another great way to do it is to use both need2slin and gear. This will allow you to lower carbs even more (not entirely) and still have complete recovery and not sacrifice muscle growth,next day work out strength and stamina. You never want to lower cabs down to nothing IMO though. Need2slin/gear used in this manner can effectively take the place of half a days carbs or more. Making 50-75g of carbs on non owrk out days as effective as 150-200g of carbs. I beleive it could do this for a full week and then use carb reload days on the week ends of 200-250 or more grams of carbs. With out the feeling of lost energy and stamina. This will make btter use of all carbs used and replace proteins and bcaa's continually through out the day so that muscle do not suffer the lose.

This is why I like to use gear 2-3 caps 4-5 times a day rather then all at once.

3. reducing pro-inflammatory matrix enzymes!!!the inflammatory response to exercise that's triggered from training stresses:evil:

It is the overreaction of the inflammatory response system that is responsible for excessive muscle pain and also prolongs recovery time. Reducing this will reduce the amoutn of time needed for muscle recovery. It will also help make you feel a hell of a lot better too. For this the use of skelletalbalm can help. Yes regularly using skelletalbalm before and after work outs will not only reduce muscle sourness and pain. but it will also slightly speed muscle recovery threw regulating the inflammatory response system.

4. Stretching after work outs.

stretching will Increase blood and nutrient flow to tissues and throughout the body, Reduced muscle soreness, and prevent injuries that can happen long after a work out.

Stretching the muscle groups after work outs will improve recovery time and is also debated whether it will also enhance gains as well. Stretch each muscle grouped worked for at least 3-5 mins for each muscle group.

5. sleep!!!!!!!!
Not just more sleep but also better sleep will help muscle recovery. Almost all cell regeneration and growth happens when we sleep. In other words we rest and repair when we sleep. When we don't get enough rest we don't get enough repair. When we don't get enough repair it takes its tole on muscle recovery time and muscle growth.
What ever you have to do to get to sleep at night and get into a deep sleep do it, but just know you need to get your butt in bed and get that deep sleep you need. Its a well known fact that no one can overlook. Need 2 Sleep the science and user feed back more then backs up need2sleeps ability to put you to sleep as well as get you into a deep sleep faster and keep you there longer. Use it if you want or dont. On all products sold at needtobuildmuscle we offer a full 100% money back refund if you are not happy so its pretty much a no brainer and easy to try any one of our products. You have nothing, and everyone on this site will tell you NOTHING to lose by trying any product sold by NTBM. Nothing to lose and everything to gain.

So this closes out how to recovery faster. If you take all the steps major muscle groups can be worked 2-3 times a week. Abbs,forearms, calves, and wrist can be worked out almost every day (yes almost every day) and other muscle groups can be worked twice a week.

Instinctive training is one method I feel everyone should learn but it takes time. Learning to read and listen to your body is a art and skill that can only be mastered with time and good record keeping. But once you have mastered this or at the least gotten good at it you can know when its time to work them muscles again and when its time to give them a little more rest.

My friends As always I am here pretty much 24 hours a day and I love to help people. Send me a pm,email,call me any time. If I got the time at that moment I will spend it on helping you. If you wish to be trained by myself and my trainers you can get this training by ordering the NTBM 3p training ptogram and then giving me a call to get set up.

I love all you guys and love to spread the knowledge to help change lives. :artist::artist::artist: kill that shit.

Top Bottom