Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Degenerating Disc Disorder, What to do with back workout?

TheButchQueen

Apparently I have a Degenerating Disc in my lower back. As I approach 40 "degenerating" is not a word i like to hear, so I'm wondering how I can get around this issue with my back workouts?

I have the same thing. Started from a back injury Oct 2010. I was 34. Since, I have made slow progress in certain moves in the gym. I can squat, but not too heavy. Anything over 315 and I hurt for days or more. Same with deads and bent over bb rows. I use a lot of machines now for legs and back.

Just the way it is. When I hurt my back I had to get wheeled into the ER in a wheelchair. Doc says there is no cure. Now I just go by feel. L1 & L2 are what I damaged and they are not going to get better. I also do a lot more core work before back or leg day now.

Best of luck. I am going to get an inversion table at some point too.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using EliteFitness

lots of core work to keep ur back as strong as possible. maybe get some physical therapy for professional advice to keep things from getting worse over time.

Top Bottom