Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Degenerated Discs

Look Into a reverse hyper. I bought one years ago from westside barbell. I had two herniated disk and a fused l5 -s1 from a motorcycle accident. Doctors said I would never lift again. Let alone squats or deadlift. Fast forward 2 years later with daily use of the reverse hyper. I can squat almost 3x body weight and deadlift 3x body weight. I'm not saying I dont feel pain at times but this helped heal my spine and develop spinal mobility needed for weightlifting. Also work on your hamstring flexibility. They are #1 culprit leading to back injuries and chronic pain. Tight hamstrings constantly pulling on your pelvis pulls your vertebrae out of position. This worked for me and many of my friends and clients.

good post... :supercool

hit you with a platinum membership.

Inversion tables are basically all the same. They put you upside down. I got mine from Farm and Fleet for $60.00. Been using it for 8 years now. Also you may wanna try dead lifts with your hips very low. Put your weight over the center of your foot or just a little bit forward of that. These were one of Faraco Columbos favs for quads.
If you do these do look up or even str8 ahead doing them. Keep your neck in line with your back, which should be at about a 45° angle to the ground.
Good luck and keep us posted bro!:cool:

Im curious, thos with disc issues, do you currently take any calcium(or drink a lot of milk), vit D,A or k supplements?

Same issue here, actually have had surgery for a ruptured L5/S1. Take it easy and listen to your body. Chiropractor wouldn't hurt and definitely get a second opinion. Only a Neurosurgeon should work on your back if surgery is ever needed. I was back in the gym at 50% about 2 months after my surgery. Be patient and focus in form not weight. Good luck.

Im curious, thos with disc issues, do you currently take any calcium(or drink a lot of milk), vit D,A or k supplements?

No, I used to OD on supps so now I'm hesitant to pop a lot of pills unless it's really necessary....

Also, since I started this thread I have A) been off the naproxen and B) training and C) haven't been having any discomfort

No, I used to OD on supps so now I'm hesitant to pop a lot of pills unless it's really necessary....

Also, since I started this thread I have A) been off the naproxen and B) training and C) haven't been having any discomfort

The reason I asked was because a lot of gym rats think they need a lot more protien than they do so they guzzle protien in milk, sometimes 2-3 glasses a day.

Thats a shitload of calcium, too much actually, and when combined with a shortage of A, D and K it doesnt have the needed cofactors to end up where we want it like teeth and bones and it will often collect in arteries and joints leading to joint deterioration.

Too much D without A and K can also cause similar issues. It can be a real mine field, but even without supplements, people get fairly strict and consume clean food but generally have limited pallets so dont get a huge variety and end up overdoing some stuff from food alone.

The reason I asked was because a lot of gym rats think they need a lot more protien than they do so they guzzle protien in milk, sometimes 2-3 glasses a day.

Thats a shitload of calcium, too much actually, and when combined with a shortage of A, D and K it doesnt have the needed cofactors to end up where we want it like teeth and bones and it will often collect in arteries and joints leading to joint deterioration.

Too much D without A and K can also cause similar issues. It can be a real mine field, but even without supplements, people get fairly strict and consume clean food but generally have limited pallets so dont get a huge variety and end up overdoing some stuff from food alone.

When I was young & stupid I'd be doing 3 shakes a day.....now I'm old and less stupid....luckily enough I work with a clinical nutritionist

Top Bottom