Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Degenerated Discs

Look Into a reverse hyper. I bought one years ago from westside barbell. I had two herniated disk and a fused l5 -s1 from a motorcycle accident. Doctors said I would never lift again. Let alone squats or deadlift. Fast forward 2 years later with daily use of the reverse hyper. I can squat almost 3x body weight and deadlift 3x body weight. I'm not saying I dont feel pain at times but this helped heal my spine and develop spinal mobility needed for weightlifting. Also work on your hamstring flexibility. They are #1 culprit leading to back injuries and chronic pain. Tight hamstrings constantly pulling on your pelvis pulls your vertebrae out of position. This worked for me and many of my friends and clients.

But which one? I've been looking at them online for some time. Such a wide range in price.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using EliteFitness

I got one off amazon on sale for under $200.. its a starter table as they call it but it does the job just fine for me. once you become a pro using it you can upgrade for a more expensive one. a good friend of mine who used to be WWE depended on it for years to keep him healthy

like doctors most chiropractors are garbage.. but the one I see has a whole physical therapy lineup of massage therapy, stretching, muscle strengthening, etc. that's why I said you need a GOOD Chiropractor that will use the entire kitchen sink and not adjust you, send you to a doc for a script and call it a day.

the reason your chiro sent you to the ortho was likely because your insurance company will not cover you to go to him for an extended amount of time unless an ortho signs off.. because insurance companies don't consider chiro's real docs.

lets face it a doctor can do 2 things for you. 1. give you drugs.. 2. surgery. that's all their arsenal is.

and also back when I played football I had physical therapy and it was utter crap, they didn't give a shit about me.. it was a joke, zero results. again we go back to what I said you have to find a GOOD practice.. do some digging online and read reviews and such. it makes a huge difference bro who you go to.

I also was lucky enough to find an ortho that is unbelievably good.. he showed me some stretches to use, told me what my weaknesses were that I had to work on and did NOT write me a script for Oxy or some other shit drug. however keep in mind I had to wait 3 hours just to see him!! so you gotta do some digging when it comes to this stuff.. 95% of doctors suck, you gotta find that 5% that are honest and actually know what they are talking about..

I understand everyone hates chiropractors and I do too, they've always just taken my money with zero results.. but if you find the RIGHT ONE you will kiss his feet.

My chiro (who is also a personal friend) does a slew of stretching, massage, muscle work, etc.

He sent me to the ortho because he thought I had an issue with my sacroiliac joint...

And he doesn't take my insurance, I pay him out of pocket every time I go.

Now as far as the ortho I knew the 1st thing he was gonna do was throw pills @ me...which I was against. I am the LAST person to want to go to a doctor.....he said I may need surgery "10-15 years from now"

looks like most of your Q's have been answered
Inversion Tables are excellent, massaging and stretching. Stairclimbing & Biking will build up your legs, my wife rides a stationary bike 30 miles every evening and she has a nice set of legs & ass.
If you want to still do squats you can put a dumbell on each side and do dumbell squats.

My chiro (who is also a personal friend) does a slew of stretching, massage, muscle work, etc.

He sent me to the ortho because he thought I had an issue with my sacroiliac joint...

And he doesn't take my insurance, I pay him out of pocket every time I go.

Now as far as the ortho I knew the 1st thing he was gonna do was throw pills @ me...which I was against. I am the LAST person to want to go to a doctor.....he said I may need surgery "10-15 years from now"

yeah your main issue is discs can take an awful lot of time to heal up, I would definitely try the inversion table because I know plenty of people with disc problems who the inversion table actually fixed and they were able to lift again.

I have 3 degenerated discs in my lower back (22 year old injury) and 1 in my neck that was discovered last May after a wicked concussion fractured a vertebrae.

I still do squats, deads and pretty much anything else I want to do against the Docs advice. I even sent her a letter and photo of me squatting 225 a few years ago. Never thought I'd get there.

What a lot of docs don't understand or won't admit out of fear of litigation is that squats and deads will build your core strength, relieving compression.

I have to be smart. My max is only 350x5 and likely will not get much better. But, IMO, you need the core strength that only squats and deads can provide.

Same here, I have 2 degenerative disks (diagnosed 10years ago and was put on medical restriction of 20lbs) now it's took a long time & I started deadlifting with only the bar but now deads are what keeps me out of pain, would like see there faces if they knew I picked up 415

Sent from my HTC One VX using Tapatalk

Listen to your body bro, all the treatments and medical professionals aside - trial and error is the best way to see how you can move forward with your leg training. Go light to moderate and see if you can pin point the movements that aggrivate it . I am confined to a chest press machine to work around a tendonitus issue. Took a week or 2 before i found out what i could do.

Chiropractic will only do so much. They tend to suggest it can do more than it can.

My advice -- vertical leg presses followed by high rep squats holding dumbbells. Believe me -- your legs will feel it.

Top Bottom