Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Deep squats vs box squats

kissboi22

Do you guys think it’s a productive to get into super deep squats to the point where we sit on our own heels. Or would box squats be more effective to hit the point and explode ? Deep squats seem more dangerous though.

Do you guys think it’s a productive to get into super deep squats to the point where we sit on our own heels. Or would box squats be more effective to hit the point and explode ? Deep squats seem more dangerous though.
I usually just go until my hips crease is just below my knees, which is more or less my hamstrings stacked on my calves anyway.

I'm a lifter so box depth suits me just fine.

? Deep squats seem more dangerous though.

not if you do them light for reps correctly

everybody is obsessed with impressing other men in the gym cause they think it is alpha to squat 3 plates with horrible form. i'm not impressed, they just look like idiots to me

not if you do them light for reps correctly

everybody is obsessed with impressing other men in the gym cause they think it is alpha to squat 3 plates with horrible form. i'm not impressed, they just look like idiots to me
Ha yeah, so many of the clowns I see at the gym load up a bunch of plates and then do between a quarter to a half of a rep lol

I usually go halfway. I don't see the need to go deeper than that.
Honestly, coming out of the hole when you are deeper works up into your hips more. Also, I'm more a powerlifter than at all a body builder, so I don't want to practice reps that would get me a red light.

If your mobility and body mechanics just allows it I always recommend using full range of motion any given every exercise.

It just depends. ATG squats are great but they do put a lot of added stress on your knees and lower back, especially if you go heavy. Higher rep ranges are fine at full ROM. But honestly everybody just has different things that work for them over others. Mobility is a big part of it. Do what feels comfortable and allows you to maximize the set. You have to find your balance

Top Bottom