Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Decline bench

Inhibitor13

Anyone still decline bench press? Is it useless to do bench, incline and decline? Ive noticed on some peoples routines Incline and Bench is present but no decline?

The decline is a great lift, you can really overload the upper body with an enormous amount of weight. Also, from my own experience and from most people I know, the decline carries over tremendously to the flat and incline.

I would never push flat/incline/decline in the same training block, you can only get good at so many things.....all are great lifts though, so long as they're trained correctly (progressively rather than idiotically) and kept into perspective (ie, they're an upper body press, not the be all and end all of weight room prowess ,lol)

I train chest once per week, on monday, however on fri when I do arms, I will sometimes do decline for the stress it puts on the triceps

Inhibitor13 said:
so if ur training chest 2x a week ud do this?

mon- Bench/ Incline

Thur- Bench/Decline

I wouldn't.....you can't really get good at that many movements in one training cycle. The point isn't to just blindly hammer away at everything. I also wouldn't train "chest". I'd train my pressing, as all three lifts train the chest/shoulders/triceps.

Something like this would work well....Mon: flat bench and push press....Thurs: Decline

or Monday: Flat bench and Push Press.....Thurs: Incline

What you listed above would work if you're really only pushing the flat bench, then you'd just use the incline and decline as high rep added work.

Top Bottom