Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Debaser...

Status
Not open for further replies.

b fold the truth

Elite Strongman
Platinum
Your post and attitude on the Westside thread really upsets me...greatly. This is one reason.

Debaser said:
See that's the beauty of "debate." Correct debate exists in the absence of ad hominem, a common falacy.

de·bate
To consider something; deliberate.
To engage in argument by discussing opposing points.

ad hominem
Appealing to personal considerations rather than to logic or reason: Debaters should avoid ad hominem arguments that question their opponents' motives.

fal·la·cy
A false notion.
A statement or an argument based on a false or invalid inference.
Incorrectness of reasoning or belief; erroneousness.
The quality of being deceptive.

I guess that you can sit on the other side of that computer and discuss things like "debate", "ad hominem", and "fallacy" if you would like. You know why I posted all of the definitions here? Because I had to look them up on the internet to understand what each of them meant. I honestly did not know.

I have no problems admitting that I do not know much about the terms of these words as you are seeming much more versed in things like this than I am. I don't argue with these things. One might be able to determine that I might have a little more knowledge of things dealing with STRENGTH TRAINING, powerlifting, and WSB than you do...yet you really don't seem to recognize, accept, or even admit that.

You want to leave ad hominem aside in a DISCUSSION (or on a discussion forum)...then feel free to do so with numbers. I will post up mine...you post up yours. There is no debating them or ad hominem taking place...just flat out facts...like a debate should be based on.

This is why I like competition. It seperates the guys behind the keyboard and on the sidelines and in their chairs...from the guys who step out on the field of battle. The debate is settled with things like pounds, kilos, distances, etc... All the talk ends...and it becomes time for everything to be put to the test.

I've gone out of my way to show respect to you both on this forum as well as others in your knowledge about DC training and what is working for YOU. Why do you not show the same respect to me?
Why do you not accept my knowledge on strength training...especially when you know so little about it and have been involved in it in so many ways???

I have been training for 11 years and have went from a body weight of 152 to 305 a few years ago...and a now in shape 290. I have gone from not being able to squat the empty Smith Machine bar for a single...to being one of the best Strength Athletes in the country.

At what point is respect earned around here? I'm really not seeing much of it to be quite honest and I hope that this attitude isn't a direct reflection of how things are around here now...

Seriously...

B True

B - I dont wanna jump in this thread this is between you and debaser..but this board needs you here..i know you do a lot of posting on irontrybe and thats cool but your an asset here as well and please do not let this stop you from posting here!!

I'm not taking sides on this, but both of you are assets to this forum. Bfold - you have proven that hard work, dedication and knowledge leads to very positive gains and success. Your track record proves this. Although you and I train for different means (i.e. bodybuilding vs. powerlifting), I've learned a lot from your thoughts and theories.

Debaser - You too have proven that your way of training has produced positive and awesome results for you and your prodigies. The one problem I do have is that many times, the way you phrase your thoughts and suggestions is more of a dictatorship than a democracy. Just lighten up when someone objects to your theories. Constructive crisitism is much easier to cope with, as crude, harsh remarks do nothing more than make people object even more to your philosophy. Lose the "either you are with me or against me" attitude and everything will be cool.

We need everyone on this board to contribute, so we ALL can keep learning and keep GROWING!

JKurz1 said:
I'm not taking sides on this, but both of you are assets to this forum.

We need everyone on this board to contribute, so we ALL can keep learning and keep GROWING!

Agreed. Don't know much about Debaser, but I know that B Fold is the definition of gentleman and athlete. EF has lost some quality people in the last year that had contributed greatly to the training board. I do not even know what this whole thing is about, but B brought up the most important part of this iron game: respect. Respect the weights, respect yourself, respect the hard work and determination needed to succeed, respect each other's differences, and respect those around you.

i will say this, when it comes to strengh training their are a very select few i would ever contact for advice, and bfold just about heads that list. It would definately be a shame if he left here.

Yes. Respect is very important. Without that these boards woud fall apart at the seams. For me, thats what makes these boards worth posting on and moderating. All different types can share thier ideas and whats worked for them, along with a great deal of encouragement. Another's ideas should not be taken personally, but merely as something that has worked for them. When something is directed as a personal attack or stated as fact then that changes things. I think that type of posting is detrimental to the boards.

KillahBee said:
Agreed. Don't know much about Debaser, but I know that B Fold is the definition of gentleman and athlete. EF has lost some quality people in the last year that had contributed greatly to the training board. I do not even know what this whole thing is about, but B brought up the most important part of this iron game: respect. Respect the weights, respect yourself, respect the hard work and determination needed to succeed, respect each other's differences, and respect those around you.

well 3 snaps to you....

you hit the nail on the head. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom