x
Almost there! Please complete this form and click the button below to gain instant access.
EliteFitness.com FREE Email Series: How You Can Use Winstrol, Masteron, HGH, and Testosterone for a Perfect, Muscular Physique!
- -
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
- -

Deadlifts vs Stiff Legged Deadlifts

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about Deadlifts vs Stiff Legged Deadlifts within the Weight Training & Weight Lifting category.

Excerpt: Whats the difference? Anybody have a picture of the two? One does back and the other does back and hams? I did the SL DL's yesterday for the first time, not even sure I was doing them right, I felt it more in my back than I did in my hams.

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

sarms1.com
needtobuildmuslce.com
puritysourcelabs.ru
bannednutrition.com
    Good Broly

Deadlifts vs Stiff Legged Deadlifts

Whats the difference? Anybody have a picture of the two? One does back and the other does back and hams?

I did the SL DL's yesterday for the first time, not even sure I was doing them right, I felt it more in my back than I did in my hams.

Re: Deadlifts vs Stiff Legged Deadlifts

Originally posted by Mindwraith
    Whats the difference? Anybody have a picture of the two? One does back and the other does back and hams?
    Have a look at these sites, all of which should have some pics:

Ball State University Strength Laboratory

ABC Bodybuilding Exercise Directory

ExRx Exercise and Muscle Directory

URB Exercise Index

I did the SL DL's yesterday for the first time, not even sure I was doing them right, I felt it more in my back than I did in my hams.
    Did you round your back or maintain an arch? Were your knees locked or bent a little? How close to your body was the bar? No way we can really help if we dont know about your form.

I would be careful how much weight you lift until you what your doing.. Deads are a good way to fuck yourself up if you aren't using proper form.

Re: Deadlifts vs Stiff Legged Deadlifts

If you felt it mostly in your back then chances are your back is a weak link. Once your back strength improves so you can move enough weight for you to feel it in the glutes you will see how great of an exercise it is.
    Before asking me why a post was moved or deleted please read the Elite Fitness TOS

And while your at it make sure to read the sticky about the rules at the top of the forum.

If I gave you an infraction for inappropriate language keep in mind breaking the forum rules by talking about Labs in any fashion IS inappropriate language.

Good Broly
    Back is definately a weak link I bet. I think I was rounding my back instead of arching it, not sure how well I can arch it when bent over. I had my legs straight the whole time. I held the bar at my waste and bent down and then back up. I did it almost like those links showed I dont see any differences that can be seen with pictures like these.

Back is definately a weak link I bet. I think I was rounding my back instead of arching it, not sure how well I can arch it when bent over. I had my legs straight the whole time. I held the bar at my waste and bent down and then back up. I did it almost like those links showed I dont see any differences that can be seen with pictures like these.
    A lot of keeping back arched while bending over has to do with proper breathing as well as flexability. The felxibility will come, im rather stiff myself but used to easy set the bar on top of my feet. FOr now just do a weight your back can handle and concentrate on keeping back at least flat, arched preferably. You will be surprised just how fast your back gets stronger to meet the demands.
    Before asking me why a post was moved or deleted please read the Elite Fitness TOS

And while your at it make sure to read the sticky about the rules at the top of the forum.

If I gave you an infraction for inappropriate language keep in mind breaking the forum rules by talking about Labs in any fashion IS inappropriate language.

Pro Bodybuilder

Kill two birds with one stone

Since hammies-glute-erector spinae all part of the posterior chain, why not train Hamstrings and lower back on same day?

Here is a sample routine, combining needsize solid 5 * 5 with some German Volume style sets:

session 1:
    5 * 5 deadlift (3-5 minutes rest)
    3 * 10 STLDL (only 60 seconds rest)
    3 * 10 reverse glute ham raise
    3 * 10 leg curl
    3 * 10 hyperextension with plate

session 2:
    5 * 5 STLDL
    2 * 20 heavy "breathing" deadlifts
    3 * 10 reverse glute ham raise
    3 * 10 leg curl
    3 * 10 hyperextension with plate