Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Deadlifts and Squats = Larger Waist? [HELP NEEDED]

Squats and deadlifts made my balls hang lower lol
You better start doing some cardio
I disagree it is not necessary squats and deads increase waist size just look at Arnold and bb's from 80-90s they all squatted heavily

Took the words right out of my mouth,I have been training Way over 35 Yrs and i can honestly tell you the more muscle you have the smaller your waist will be. You can beat yourself to death Dieting and no matter how lean you get the fat in the adomonal area is the last to go.

Check out my profile picture, I do tons of Leg work, squats,Ab work,my whole workout routine is brutal ,so much in fact alot of people half my age can't even finish it!
So quit worrying and start concentrating on building muscle ,once you achieve that everything will start falling into place.

Thanks for all the replies, but I think I want to take squats and deadlifts out of my workout (personal preference, I know it may be silly but it is my decision)

How will this Leg/Back workout be? I know without deads and squats it's bad, but will it help me build mass and strength:

Leg Press
Dumbbell Lunges
BB Rows
Lat Pull-Downs
Weighted Back Extensions

everyone wants to be a bodybuilder, but nobody wants to lift no heavy-ass weights...

dont be scared, i deadlift 500, squat over 400 @148 and have a 29in. waist...

for once i will say Ozzie gave horrible advice, and he seems to be the only one suggesting you dont squat or dead...

dont expect much leg strength from leg presses, and especially dumbell lunges... there is just NOTHING that can even compare to the muscle building, horomone stimulating effects of squats and deads...

sombody move this to the weightlifting forum so the good bro's there can set him straight...

everyone wants to be a bodybuilder, but nobody wants to lift no heavy-ass weights...

dont be scared, i deadlift 500, squat over 400 @148 and have a 29in. waist...

for once i will say Ozzie gave horrible advice, and he seems to be the only one suggesting you dont squat or dead...

dont expect much leg strength from leg presses, and especially dumbell lunges... there is just NOTHING that can even compare to the muscle building, horomone stimulating effects of squats and deads...

sombody move this to the weightlifting forum so the good bro's there can set him straight...

I agree 100% if there were only 2 exercises you could do it would be Squats & Deads,They stimulate HGH, adrealine,and tax the body like nothing else,all the Big boys do squats & deads, No one said going for the gold was easy!

You want to be one of those guys who walks around in the gym with chicken legs then be my guest!

Thanks for all the replies, but I think I want to take squats and deadlifts out of my workout (personal preference, I know it may be silly but it is my decision)

Ok, so why did you post a thread asking for advice if you were never going to take it?

At least give your legs and back separate days rather than just cramming them together into a token non-beach muscle session.

i know people who havent squatted or deadlifted but are still big.

Anyway I'll come back in 2 years and prove you guys wrong that deadlifts and squats aren't completely necessary.

ill be 19/20 then.

Yes big upper body. Just take there advice do the dam DL and SQUATS! It is a base builder and you need it. Ur worrying about ur waist? Ur working in the gym like RADAR said keep working everything will fall together but do a full body workout. Ur how old? 17/18? And been gyming for how long? let me guess 4 months? You will get where you wanna be over time

i know people who havent squatted or deadlifted but are still big.

Anyway I'll come back in 2 years and prove you guys wrong that deadlifts and squats aren't completely necessary.

ill be 19/20 then.

Yeah! Big upper body ,with chicken legs,your not a bodybuilder in my eyes until you have the wheels to show off with that build, as a matter of fact it looks rediculous.

do as i suggested and you'll thank me later ,i have never steered anyone wrong yet!

how much do you squat bro? 135lb? less?
until you squat 400lb or may be even 500lb you have no business thinking it will negatively affect your midsection growing too much.
these two exercises build your upper body faster than they build your legs and butt.
if anything the deads and squats will build your shoulder line and lats more than your midsection. it will balance you out. if you want to spend more time trying to build your upper body then don't do deads or squats. if you do want to get to your goal faster you read the advice given here again and take it.

my butt is 1" smaller and my waist is 1" smaller now when I do 315lb squats compared to the time when I started at 135lb 2 years ago. My thighs are 1" larger, my bicep is 3/4" larger and my shoulders and chest is 2" larger than 2 years go. so - WFT are you worried about?
lift heavy bud and dont worry.

ever wondered why people who don't squat always wear pants in the gym? hahah ....

lightbulbs we call them ... :)

Top Bottom