Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

deadlifts?

econanalyst

Hi,
I was wondering when you do deadifts how far down you go. I have seen guys go down and touch the weight to the ground, I have seen guys bring the weight close to touching the ground and I have seen guys go down not too far at all. How far down do you go?

actually it depends on how you are doing them and the muscle group you are concentrating on...

for hamstrings/glutes/lower back

sldl (straight leg deadlifts) are done as flexibility allows... back will round when nearing bottom... (if ultra-flexible these can be done standing on a block to allow for full range of motion)

rdl (romainian deadlifts) are done with a slight bend in the knees, hit the glute/hamstring tie in a little more than sldls (when done properly)... back should not round at all.

then there are deadlifts where more knee movement comes into play.... these are more an allover back exercise...

I agree with in-part with what phenomema said....it has to do with what muscle group you want to work.....if you want to just work legs, don't go down all the way....if you want to bring more of your lower back into it, go down further. Also, by not going down all the way you put more stress on your quads becuase they're having to suport the weight the entire time of the lift. Resting the weight on the ground gives them time to relax, thus not working them as hard

Stiff-legged deads: Don't go to the ground as stated above.

Regular deads: Well, they're called DEADlifts. Go to the ground with each rep.

Top Bottom