Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Deadlifts

shishi5

I get really sore back when I deadlift. Not even squat just deadlift. Anyway I can work around this to improve the problem? Any recommendations???

im older, so i really dont do regular deadlifts anymore- kept getting sore or injured. zi found relief & a great substitute in Jefferson squats, behind the legs deadlift, sumo deadlift (still sore on this 1), rack deadlift, kb single leg deaflifts and my favorite hip hinges with a landmine post. for glutes pullthroughs and lying barbell hip hinges work for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try rack pulls, or even better, fix your form. You do this by studying proper form, filming yourself deadlifting very light weight and adjusting from there. I split deadlifts into two different days. I do rack pulls on back day. I do stiff legged deads on hamstring days. This has kept my lower back as safe as possible, as I used to deal with a lot of lower back issues as well.

If it's just muscle soreness I don't think there's anything to be worried about. If you have just started doing it it's normal that you get very sore in the beginning.

It's a heavy multi-joint compound movement that works almost every single muscle in your body.

A good overall mass-builder.

being sore after a workout is from muscle fibers being ripped up and the body releasing inflammation

it is normal and should improve as you become more conditioned. wanting to shut off soreness is part of the wussified suburban society the previous generation has made acceptable. being uncomfortable because of a workout is not a good enough reason to complain.. instead of complaining about it you should embrace it

being sore after a workout is from muscle fibers being ripped up and the body releasing inflammation

it is normal and should improve as you become more conditioned. wanting to shut off soreness is part of the wussified suburban society the previous generation has made acceptable. being uncomfortable because of a workout is not a good enough reason to complain.. instead of complaining about it you should embrace it

to get off your wuss list haha, let me clarify when I said & thought sore, I meant sore back pain. I’ve been conditioned to do heavy deadlifts...but decades catch up. I can no longer do them without soreness that isn’t the positive kind, often with burning sensations & injury. I can still lift heavy on most of the alternatives I mentioned.

personally after all this time, I love soreness (the good kind). great feedback that lets me know I kicked any plateau in the ass. do people still believe in muscle confusion theory?

to get off your wuss list haha, let me clarify when I said & thought sore, I meant sore back pain. I’ve been conditioned to do heavy deadlifts...but decades catch up. I can no longer do them without soreness that isn’t the positive kind, often with burning sensations & injury. I can still lift heavy on most of the alternatives I mentioned.

sounds like your discs are getting worn out man.

the dirty secret is if you have lifted heavy for a long time you WILL have degenerative discs, the question is do they bother you. if you are like me and those discs are pinching nerves it will be miserable. what has helped me greatly to strengthen the spine, fix posture, and heal is bikram yoga.. i highly recommend that be done atleast once a week and stay the hell away from drugs, cortizone shots and especially chiropractors!

Sounds like are either
1. Deadlifting wrong
2. Have a major muscular imbalance and your lower back is very weak

You can strengthen your lower back with lower back specific exercises like hyperextensions

Top Bottom