Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Deadlifting for wider back?????????

Lenas25

My friend has a back like a pro, but most of his other stuff is lagging?

I just started working out with him and we did back today. I am barely writing this as I am exausted. First exercise we did today was "deadlifts"?

I know they do nice workout as far as the size is concerned but to get a back that he has he told me he always does deadlifts?

i know my hams are gonna be killing me tomorrow but how does back fit into this?

He also does it 2 times a week, but he is not a newbie as i kinda still am, I've been around gyms and lifting for a while but got hurt many times (not in the gym) like in car accidents and all so i never completed like a year straight of lifting. I've been trouble free now (only shoulder impingements is what bothers me now). and lifted for about 9 months with a month and a half in between of rest (trip to europe).

Is he right to do his back twice a week and deadlifts as first exercises?

Since he is my training partner, and we might juice together in about a few months i want to get down with his routines except i think i might get hurt and be overtraining. I am 25 by the way and i want to be serious about this now.

Deadlifts are an awesome exercise, for me, they seem to make everything grow... you say youre still a newbie, if I was you I wouldn't even be thinking about juicing at this point. You need to get a few years of constant lifting under your belt.

No offense to you, but someone who is just learning what deadlifts are should not be thinking about the juice.

I've only been doing deads for about 3 months...despite having aout 4 years of time loving iron:D And in those 3 months, I've noticed some great lat growth...so, IMO, deads=wider back...thicker and stronger as well, obviously

thanx a lot guys, and ZGzaG, i am not a newbie in that sense. I do know what deadlifts are and do.

The thing is i know they do a whole body lot of good. But my question was should they be done like twice a week or is that overkilling it.

Also i've been around gyms since i was 18, and now im 25. Its just that the first shoulder surgery kept me away for a while. And when i got back i found out i had tendonitis in the right shoulder. So i took time off to recover from both of those.

Now i was lifting since february this year, took time off in august to go to europe (month and a half). Got back, startet hitting the gym 3-4 times a week. I dont want to wait to be in my 30's (no offense to anybody here) to juice and have that hard pumped up body.

The way i see it ill get a bit more serious and put more time in the gym and diet a bit better. Then wait out for spring to do a cycle of test and eq.

deadlifts have done very little for my back width, I have crazy deadlift strength, ie 500lbs for and easy 10 reps, but my back width sucks. Now that I am deadlifting less and doing more heavy chins, the width is definitely coming in

like needsize said, deads won't do much for back width. they're great for building up your traps, erectors and hammies(if you're doing stiffs), but it's the pullup and rowing movements that will focus on width.

Nothing like chins for back width. For a long time I centered my back workout on chins/pulldowns, while neglecting rows and deadlifts. Thus, I developed a very wide back but I lacked thickness. Now that I've put more into rows and deadlifts, the thickness has been improving like crazy.

So,
width: chins, pulldowns
thickness: deadlifts, barbell rows

im a 16 year old and deadlifts are my favorite lifts........ in my gym i have seen all of 4 people do them (bally's ) and they are all huge. Its cool how u can jsut get respect by dong the "real lifts".

deadlifts tomorrow guys yayayayayyaya

A good back width exercise, and I'm starting to develop it now, are back lat puls (pulling down a lateral bar behind your neck ).

Like others have said, the best for back width is rows, pullups, and any type of pull down motion. Deadlifts are really going to hit the lower back.

Top Bottom