Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Deadlifting with straps

MarkPhillips

Would you recommend lifting with straps for deadlifts? It does seem to make it easier to lift more. Or should I just try to go raw?

Use your hands as much as you can. It's not the end of the world to use straps on very heavy sets or super high volume, but don't use them as a crutch.

Last edited:
this topic came up a few weeks ago. the guys who wear straps will argue for them. the guys who don't will argue against them

as someone who used to use accessories for a short time i am 100% against using them. they will increase imbalances which are going to cause you problems. you aren't improving your raw grip, you are causing it to lag. i am a proponent of raw lifting with proper form. no belts, no straps, no gloves, no nothing. when you get to mobster's level you can do what you want to set PR's or what not, but especially younger guys or recreational lifters you have zero business using any sort of accessorie!

Top Bottom