Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Deadlifting my way to Happiness - Al420's log

al420

I think I am up to this - we will see.

A little background - I'm 30yrs old 5’11”, married w/ 4 kiddos. I‘ve been lifting for years but for the majority of those years wasted time w/ BB style workouts and terrible diets. I found EF in late March of this year and changed my views on lifting/diet by April. I have gone from 245lbs w/ a 44" waist @ 28% BF to 208lbs w/ a 35" waist @ 16.5% BF. I am sure it would be closer to 10% but I cheat on Friday night, most Saturdays, and most Sundays. I don’t pig out, and it is only at either lunch or dinner, never all day, but none the less it is my weak point.

I will be starting another run of the linear 5x5 in a week - this week I am refiguring my maxes. I had surprising success on my last 5x5 and have spent the past 3-4 weeks doing 20 reppers (w/ some rest/pause). To say I am excited to get back to heavy lifting is an understatement for sure. I relished my time in the gym while doing the last 5x5. I really benefit from going in w/ a specific plan, and having the spreadsheet tell me exactly what to lift and how many times to lift it works perfect.

My #1 goal is to get stronger...... a lot stronger. My goal is to be Squatting 405, Benching 315, and Deading 405. I’m feeling closer on squats and deads now but the bench is light years away it seems. I will be supplementing my lifting and diet w/ some gear. Test, Deca and GH. 10-12 weeks depending on how it goes, 6 months for the GH. I will kick start w/ some Dbol and do PCT w/ winny/nolva/hcg/vitamin e.

Diet is 40/30/30. Daily cals between 3500-4000 unless I start getting too fat. In 12 weeks I will go back to 2500’ish for 10-12 weeks and see where I am at that point. I ran my last 5x5 w/ no gear and on 2400 cals a day max – and I still did well IMO. I missed some bench, but that was it. This time will be NUTZ!

Current Maxes

ATF Squat 335x5
Dead lift 335x3
Bench 195x3 – worst lift by far
Standing OHP 135x5
GP Row 215x5

So again… we will see. I hope having a journal will force me to eat cleaner. Here goes!

Wow, even though it's always said "Mar 2006" under your name it seems like you've been here a lot longer. I didn't realize how recently you'd joined the forum (not that I'm much of an EF vet either) and changed how you eat/train - really nice body comp progress in such a short time.

Anyway, this is just my usual "good luck" post to kick off the journal. I'll be following along.

That's some great progress....very impressive squatting too.....you're gonna get jaw dropping results this cycle....I will be following along.

Subscribed :)

lol... love the title!

Awesome man!! Looking forward to your continual progression... and CONGRATZ on your progress so far!!!!!! :beer:

Take some progress pics!! If not to post... for your own comparitive purposes on this new endevour.

Good luck. Congrats on your progress and great squatting.

al420 said:
I relished my time in the gym while doing the last 5x5. I really benefit from going in w/ a specific plan, and having the spreadsheet tell me exactly what to lift and how many times to lift it works perfect.

Same here, a lot more motivating than going in with no plan. I can actually work out at home now.

congrats on the progress you've made, thats a total transformation and you must look and feel a hundred times better.. more cals and heavy lifting are going to make it even better :)

Cynical Simian said:
Wow, even though it's always said "Mar 2006" under your name it seems like you've been here a lot longer. I didn't realize how recently you'd joined the forum (not that I'm much of an EF vet either) and changed how you eat/train - really nice body comp progress in such a short time.

Anyway, this is just my usual "good luck" post to kick off the journal. I'll be following along.
were the fuck did you get a mill k.hit me bro ;)

You started a log!!!! :dance2:

Nice work on your progress thus far. :) I believe you owe me some pics. I don't care if you post them or PM then or email them. I posted fat pics at 30+% and I'm a chick. I even posted my shaved head :D

37 lbs & 11.5% bf lighter should be NO PROBLEM for you...

You are well on your way to becoming 'stronger' ... :D
:Perk: hey vids will do too!

al420 said:
I think I am up to this - we will see.

A little background - I'm 30yrs old 5’11”, married w/ 4 kiddos. I‘ve been lifting for years but for the majority of those years wasted time w/ BB style workouts and terrible diets. I found EF in late March of this year and changed my views on lifting/diet by April. I have gone from 245lbs w/ a 44" waist @ 28% BF to 208lbs w/ a 35" waist @ 16.5% BF. I am sure it would be closer to 10% but I cheat on Friday night, most Saturdays, and most Sundays. I don’t pig out, and it is only at either lunch or dinner, never all day, but none the less it is my weak point.

I will be starting another run of the linear 5x5 in a week - this week I am refiguring my maxes. I had surprising success on my last 5x5 and have spent the past 3-4 weeks doing 20 reppers (w/ some rest/pause). To say I am excited to get back to heavy lifting is an understatement for sure. I relished my time in the gym while doing the last 5x5. I really benefit from going in w/ a specific plan, and having the spreadsheet tell me exactly what to lift and how many times to lift it works perfect.

My #1 goal is to get stronger...... a lot stronger. My goal is to be Squatting 405, Benching 315, and Deading 405. I’m feeling closer on squats and deads now but the bench is light years away it seems. I will be supplementing my lifting and diet w/ some gear. Test, Deca and GH. 10-12 weeks depending on how it goes, 6 months for the GH. I will kick start w/ some Dbol and do PCT w/ winny/nolva/hcg/vitamin e.

Diet is 40/30/30. Daily cals between 3500-4000 unless I start getting too fat. In 12 weeks I will go back to 2500’ish for 10-12 weeks and see where I am at that point. I ran my last 5x5 w/ no gear and on 2400 cals a day max – and I still did well IMO. I missed some bench, but that was it. This time will be NUTZ!

Current Maxes

ATF Squat 335x5
Dead lift 335x3
Bench 195x3 – worst lift by far
Standing OHP 135x5
GP Row 215x5

So again… we will see. I hope having a journal will force me to eat cleaner. Here goes!

GREAT job posting...remember what we discussed via pms about volume etc

*Bunny* said:
You started a log!!!! :dance2:

Nice work on your progress thus far. :) I believe you owe me some pics. I don't care if you post them or PM then or email them. I posted fat pics at 30+% and I'm a chick. I even posted my shaved head :D

37 lbs & 11.5% bf lighter should be NO PROBLEM for you...

You are well on your way to becoming 'stronger' ... :D
:Perk: hey vids will do too!

I am taking pics for sure before Sept 3. Not sure if I will put them in the thread just yet or not. Vids will come too I think. Especially after seeing Sarges - I want to make sure my form is as good as it needs to be on all my lifts. I will do BF this week also and will use the mesotape on the important areas.

Top Bottom