Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Deadlifting my way to Happiness - Al420's log

al420 said:
I think my form is crap. My elbows flare out too much and I am working on it. I am trying to keep my shoulder blades together and am trying to keep my elbows in.
That's EXACTLY what I went through.

Had rotator pain... all the time until I fixed my form... now I'm using the Barbell bench all the time with the 5x5.

Previously I stuck with DB's because they didn't tweak my rotator... but I didn't know how to tuck my elbows then.

Learn to stay very tight, and tuck elbows you'll be good in a few weeks so long as nothing is torn.

al420 said:
Like what Shadow?

http://www.bodyresults.com/E2RotatorCuff.asp

Using db's exclusively has dramatically improved the shape of my chest.

switching to dbs will allow the rotators to catch up strength wise...especially in conjunction with the specific exercises.

while on the dbs - alos focus on the weak point in your traditional bench technique and work that area on another bodypart day(ex - floor presses or close bench etc).

You will get a huge bump when you hit flat bench again

Shoulder is about 75% today. I slept better last night then I have in a few nights which was nice. I think I will be able to do chest on Friday but will save Delts for next week. I am going to listen to my body on this one. Today will be Back/Biceps. I think I will be fine to pull if I warm up for a while. Bicep work will be a tad lighter I assume, but I will push the envelope as always.

Last night I trained Abs and Clafs. What a boring workout. I mean it hurt plenty bad - I think abs hurt the worst while training - I just don't get too pumped from this type workout. I did stretch the hell out of my legs which was nice. Warmed up on the bike for 15 min and then did a cool down on the treadmill for 15 min. Total workout was still over an hour but I was taking my time between sets and spotting a buddy from time to time. I super-setted an Ab lift and a calf lift. Did 3 diff exercises for both. There is just no substance to ab workouts - pushing/pulling is where it's at for Al.

Really hope I can make some progress today on the DL. I think my shoulder will be fine. We will see.

Weight this AM: 219.5

KILLED my back!

DL: 135x10, 185x6, 225x6, 275x6, 315x6, 335x3
Lat Pulldowns: 60x10, 120x6, 140x6, 160x6
Hammer Low Row: 180x6, 230x6, 270x6
Bicep Pulldowns: 60x10, 100x6, 120x6, 150x7
21's: 50, 60, 73 - missed 2 reps on the lower portion on the final set
Alt. DB Hammer Curl: 25x8, 30x8, 35x6

After Deadlifting I decided to stick to machines for the remainder of the workout. My shoulder still feels weird and I didn't want to take any chances. The deads were tough at the end. My lumbar is wrecked from Mondays leg workout so I'm sure getting out of bed tomorrow will be interesting (hence the hammer low rows in place of my norm, BB rows). Once my lower back gets a little warm I am fine but initially it is a real bitch. I have to stretch the hell out of my lower back in between sets on DL's!

I think I will be ready to do some light pressing tomorrow - we will see. Keep your fingers crossed for me and the left shoulder!

Hey Shadow - thanks for the rotator exercises. I did them today during my warm-up and they worked nicely. The "hurt" shoulder was harder to do for sure! My only question is how often per week should I be doing these exercises? EOD? Twice a week?

Time to eat....................

al420 said:
KILLED my back!

DL: 135x10, 185x6, 225x6, 275x6, 315x6, 335x3
Lat Pulldowns: 60x10, 120x6, 140x6, 160x6
Hammer Low Row: 180x6, 230x6, 270x6
Bicep Pulldowns: 60x10, 100x6, 120x6, 150x7
21's: 50, 60, 73 - missed 2 reps on the lower portion on the final set
Alt. DB Hammer Curl: 25x8, 30x8, 35x6

After Deadlifting I decided to stick to machines for the remainder of the workout. My shoulder still feels weird and I didn't want to take any chances. The deads were tough at the end. My lumbar is wrecked from Mondays leg workout so I'm sure getting out of bed tomorrow will be interesting (hence the hammer low rows in place of my norm, BB rows). Once my lower back gets a little warm I am fine but initially it is a real bitch. I have to stretch the hell out of my lower back in between sets on DL's!

I think I will be ready to do some light pressing tomorrow - we will see. Keep your fingers crossed for me and the left shoulder!

Hey Shadow - thanks for the rotator exercises. I did them today during my warm-up and they worked nicely. The "hurt" shoulder was harder to do for sure! My only question is how often per week should I be doing these exercises? EOD? Twice a week?

Time to eat....................

When will you be able to start the 5x5? Next week??? I've got about 3 more weeks till I change the workout up.

p.s. -

I can't itch my back and my legs have rashes from rubing together... :chomp:

FFQuads said:
When will you be able to start the 5x5? Next week??? I've got about 3 more weeks till I change the workout up.

p.s. -

I can't itch my back and my legs have rashes from rubing together... :chomp:

Not sure if I will start the 5x5 for a few weeks. I want to see what my strength does. I feel like a bull already - not sure if it is the Dbol or the shorter esters in the test but I feel like a bull already (taking a combo of: Testosterone Acetate 20mg, Testosterone Decanoate 90mg, Testosterone Propionate 45mg, Testosterone Phenylpropionate 45mg, Testosterone Cypionate 75mg , and Testosterone Enanthate 250mg - all weekly doses).

So....do you still think the tasteless Dbol is fake? :evil:

How heavy are things getting on your Friday triples? Squats? What about the heavy DL set on Wed? Numbers asshole.

BTW - when I spell checked this post Word gave me Kryptonite for Cypionate. I love it!

I would do the rotators on chest day and again on delt day.

Both as a really light warmpup and a heavy approcah at the end of the workout

Top Bottom