Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Deadlifting my way to Happiness - Al420's log

Sleep is so key to pleasure for me. I hate the day when I feel tired - it's raining here today which is not the norm. So I am extra sleepy.

I am about to go train - not sure how it is going to go. Supposed to train Chest but my shoulder is hurting pretty good. I may tinker on a few hammer strenght machines just to see how I feel - if I can make it through a decent workout I will. I'm doing Abs and Calfs anyway so I will be a determined little fat boy either way.

Weight this AM: 217.5

:wavey: Have a great workout!!!
I like my Mizuno's ... Never thought to invest in 'squat' shoes until recently :)

Where does it hurt - shoulder - can you describe it? Close watch to your form ...

:D wifey isn't letting you come to my show is she lol

The pain is inbetween the front and side delt muscles on my left arm. I can pinpoint it w/ my finger. May be a tendon issue. I am not going to be pressing anything this week I bet - hoping I will be able to pull tomorrow so I can train my back.

Not sure about the show. My wife is pretty easy (yeah baby!) and I can typically do what I want to, so I bet if it is in the work cards I will be there. I really mean that.

What was your bench routine like before you hurt your shoulder?A great bench requires great form not wanting to sound harsh but my bench use to suck also but required only a little changing to make the strength come on.

It has varied. Either a 5x5 working flat twice a week and incline once or push presses once. Or a more BB style routine w/ Flat, Incline and some flys.

I think my form is crap. My elbows flare out too much and I am working on it. I am trying to keep my shoulder blades together and am trying to keep my elbows in.

AL.....consider switching to all DBS for chest

I do ONLY dbs at this point and certainly havent lost any size or strength

What worked for me was dropping the weight to 135lbs on flat bench and concentrating on reps.I worked my way up to 25reps then added enough weight to put me back down to 15reps and so on and so on.Now I can bench 225lbs for 20-25reps when I do flat bench with the barbell.Dumbells are a great alternative to throw in the mix as well. When the barbell reps or weights start to stall use the dumbells for a few weeks then go back to the barbell. Form is key and the main thing to work on when using the lighter weights.Hope that helps

Regardless of what you do (adding weight vs. reps, DBs vs. BB), decrease the weight. I know the whole "don't let your ego get in the way of development" thing is a cliche, but dropping the poundage to a point where you can keep good form then working your way up is going to raise your bench faster than starting high and trying to grind out reps with poor/inconsistent form.

Also, if you haven't done so already, look into some microplates.

Top Bottom