Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Deadlifting my way to Happiness - Al420's log

*Bunny* said:
Here ya go ..

How much & what type of cardio are you doing again?
Are you doing any ab specific work OTHER than what is provided by the 5 x 5? (I am NOT saying that isn't sufficient.. just curious)

FYI too much cardio is NOT a good thing, esp when strength is your goal. AGAIN I am not familiar with AAS and excess cardio to help lose body fat while trying to increase strength, so I may be outta my league and why you don't see me commenting on diet & training to accomdate AAS.

Your waistline can be managed by the foods you are eating & watch those cheats. You know where to find me if you want more info on diet. :)

GREAT JOB on getting some pics up Thumpa! :D

Thanks Bunny.

I am boxing a couple times a week - running a couple times, some Interval stuff - I have been doing cardio on non-training days, kinda mix it up, but I think that is the missing piece right now. It is not as consistent as it should be - need to drag my butt out of bed in the AM and do some then.

For Abs I do weighted decline and crunches on the ball - for obliques I do side-bends on the hyper back chair, and weighted hypers for lower back. Typically 3x8 EOD. My abs are strong IMO. I can do my final set of 8 w/ a 45lb dumbell behind my head which for me is a lot.

Diet is not as good as it was for a while. I dropped a lot of weight and started cheating 3+ times a week - typically on the weekends, but none the less. I just need to stop F'ing around - you know what I mean?

Did some front squats today just to feel them out. I will need to get used to them fo sho. 135lbs felt weird. I had to use the "choke" grip as I can't hold the bar + 25's the other way. I think something is wrong w/ my wrists. They hurt real bad just trying to bring the bar to my front delts.

*Bunny* said:
8-30-06_legs2np.jpg

8-30-06_back_flexed.jpg

100_0478redone.jpg

Here ya go ..

How much & what type of cardio are you doing again?
Are you doing any ab specific work OTHER than what is provided by the 5 x 5? (I am NOT saying that isn't sufficient.. just curious)

FYI too much cardio is NOT a good thing, esp when strength is your goal. AGAIN I am not familiar with AAS and excess cardio to help lose body fat while trying to increase strength, so I may be outta my league and why you don't see me commenting on diet & training to accomdate AAS.

Your waistline can be managed by the foods you are eating & watch those cheats. You know where to find me if you want more info on diet. :)

GREAT JOB on getting some pics up Thumpa! :D

Holy quads!!!!!! They are huge! Whatever leg exercises you are doing, keep it up I LOVE IT!

GO AL420 GO!!!!

Listen to bunny, cut your cheats to one cheat meal a week for a month and see what happens, I know I am guilty for that to, I have a cheat DAY! :)

al420 said:
I think I am up to this - we will see.

A little background - I'm 30yrs old 5’11”, married w/ 4 kiddos. I‘ve been lifting for years but for the majority of those years wasted time w/ BB style workouts and terrible diets. I found EF in late March of this year and changed my views on lifting/diet by April. I have gone from 245lbs w/ a 44" waist @ 28% BF to 208lbs w/ a 35" waist @ 16.5% BF. I am sure it would be closer to 10% but I cheat on Friday night, most Saturdays, and most Sundays. I don’t pig out, and it is only at either lunch or dinner, never all day, but none the less it is my weak point.

I will be starting another run of the linear 5x5 in a week - this week I am refiguring my maxes. I had surprising success on my last 5x5 and have spent the past 3-4 weeks doing 20 reppers (w/ some rest/pause). To say I am excited to get back to heavy lifting is an understatement for sure. I relished my time in the gym while doing the last 5x5. I really benefit from going in w/ a specific plan, and having the spreadsheet tell me exactly what to lift and how many times to lift it works perfect.

My #1 goal is to get stronger...... a lot stronger. My goal is to be Squatting 405, Benching 315, and Deading 405. I’m feeling closer on squats and deads now but the bench is light years away it seems. I will be supplementing my lifting and diet w/ some gear. Test, Deca and GH. 10-12 weeks depending on how it goes, 6 months for the GH. I will kick start w/ some Dbol and do PCT w/ winny/nolva/hcg/vitamin e.

Diet is 40/30/30. Daily cals between 3500-4000 unless I start getting too fat. In 12 weeks I will go back to 2500’ish for 10-12 weeks and see where I am at that point. I ran my last 5x5 w/ no gear and on 2400 cals a day max – and I still did well IMO. I missed some bench, but that was it. This time will be NUTZ!

Current Maxes

ATF Squat 335x5
Dead lift 335x3
Bench 195x3 – worst lift by far
Standing OHP 135x5
GP Row 215x5

So again… we will see. I hope having a journal will force me to eat cleaner. Here goes!

Good luck! I hope you slip in your own vomit and piss your pants in front of everyone in the gym! I'm in.....

FFQuads said:
Good luck! I hope you slip in your own vomit and piss your pants in front of everyone in the gym! I'm in.....
:s[it: :FRlol: I can FEEL the love from that post lol
al - "I just need to stop F'ing around - you know what I mean?" Yes I sure do ... Even if I want to cheat these days I can't. You can do this.

*Bunny* said:
:s[it: :FRlol: I can FEEL the love from that post lol
al - "I just need to stop F'ing around - you know what I mean?" Yes I sure do ... Even if I want to cheat these days I can't. You can do this.

I'm going to think of you every time I think about cheating Bunns - I will try to do it for all the folks prep'ing for comps - :supercool

With a will of steel come wheels of steel - has a nice ring to it don't ya think

FFQuads said:
Yesterday 07:36 PM

You're a morons moron my height challenged little meathead and I love you for it. Can't wait baby - - can't wait! This squats for you.

AL420, you look good, man. Legs are huge, and you've got a thick back, you can see you're a good conventional DLer from the pics.

I think your body comp is fine and you look to carrying just enough excess to be able to make huge gains in the gym. The gear plays a huge role in body recomping, and when the test kicks in, your attitude about yourself will change and instead of picking yourself apart, you'll think you're God's gift, lol....but as you get stronger and grow more calorically ecpensive muscle and let the gear do what it's intended to do, you'll only keep liking what you see in the mirror more and more.

Top Bottom