Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Deadlifting my way to Happiness - Al420's log

Weight this AM: 220.5

Yeah buddy - broke the 220 marker. I use to always tell people when I was bigger (245'ish) that I could have my way w/ anything under 200 lbs - so as I got closer and closer to 200 I had moments of despaire for sure - it is nice to see the number going back up and the waistline not.

Today is Squats and Deads - may do front squats, not sure yet. I am waiting patiently for my shoulder to repair itself so I can train Oly style. I found a local guy to help me w/ snatch form, etc. So I am looking forward to my log looking more and more like Biggt's - minus a poundage here or there...lol

On my shoulder - How long would you wait before you either pressed throught it or went to the doc. It is getting better for sure - and when I impenged (sp) my other shoulder I had no idea I shouldn;t be working through it and it eventually worked it self out.

"it is nice to see the number going back up and the waistline not." AMEN! :)

"How long would you wait before you either pressed throught it or went to the doc." - How long has it been? Still hurt? ache? tender to touch? Any knots you can feel? Can you feel it pull at insertions points? Sorry for the 20 ?'s :)

Have a great week al :wavey:

*Bunny* said:
"it is nice to see the number going back up and the waistline not." AMEN! :)

"How long would you wait before you either pressed throught it or went to the doc." - How long has it been? Last Saturday - hurt it doing close grip presses . Still hurt? Yes - if I move it around a bit. ache? No tender to touch? Not really - although I can get "in there" w/ a finger and find the most accute point of pain - it is between the front and side delt . Any knots you can feel? Nope Can you feel it pull at insertions points? I think kinda - like if I try to stretch it there is pain, and If I press w/ it there is pain

Have a great week al :wavey:

THanks Bunn - answers in Red above

al420 said:
Weight this AM: 220.5

Yeah buddy - broke the 220 marker. I use to always tell people when I was bigger (245'ish) that I could have my way w/ anything under 200 lbs - so as I got closer and closer to 200 I had moments of despaire for sure - it is nice to see the number going back up and the waistline not.

Today is Squats and Deads - may do front squats, not sure yet. I am waiting patiently for my shoulder to repair itself so I can train Oly style. I found a local guy to help me w/ snatch form, etc. So I am looking forward to my log looking more and more like Biggt's - minus a poundage here or there...lol

On my shoulder - How long would you wait before you either pressed throught it or went to the doc. It is getting better for sure - and when I impenged (sp) my other shoulder I had no idea I shouldn;t be working through it and it eventually worked it self out.

I would super-set running and jumping on the pavement with the shoulder, shin kicks to the oak tree in the back yard, and standing on one of those fucking stupid balls and pissin' your pants. ........now get to the gym stupid!

FFQuads said:
I would super-set running and jumping on the pavement with the shoulder, shin kicks to the oak tree in the back yard, and standing on one of those fucking stupid balls and pissin' your pants. ........now get to the gym stupid!

Thanks midget - It's always nice to get support from a loved one. :heart:

PR action today - it was really nice! I am proud of myself for trying 405. It was a struggle, but it came up w/ room to spare.

Deadlifts: 135x10, 225x5, 275x5, 315x5, 345x3, 365x1, 385x1, 405x1 - PR by far

Machine Row: 160x6, 180x6, 200x6 - I need to quit F'ing around and get a plan - after DL's I was wandering around for a minute or two.

Power Shrugs: 135x10, 225x8, 315x6, 405x2, 315x6 - I was just plain tired. DL's really took it out of me.

I was so freakin happy to see 4 plates on either side of the bar - so freakin happy. I relish in those moments..... walking up to a bar w/ a bunch of weight on it looks so cool to me...makes me feel very accomplished.

Some moron trainer came over and asked me why I was doing singles. I told him to "get away from me and the power rack" (he wanted to do pull-ups in the rack). I hate this particular guy - I take my english bulldog Molly to work daily and subsequently to the gym. She is a real croud pleaser to say the least. Anyway, this skinny little fuck brings his mut dog as well and a few weeks ago it bit my dog. It was a weird scene as I reacted poorly to the situation and caused a permanent scar in my relationship w. this gyms trainers/ownership. Keep in mind this place has more stability balls than plates and hates the idea of Oly lifting or anything else that resembles anything hardcore. I wanted to just push him over and step on him as I easily could - Oh how I wish I was still at the age when fists flew first. I think the test is kicking in, fyi......lol

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

You can bring you dog to the gym?? That's AWESOME. I love bulldogs :) Baby girl pup walking around by my condo these days, I WANT her!

I seriously LOL'd at FF lol. Can ya feel the :heart: midget, ut oh, how short?

Lemme know how things work out per our discussion. :)

You complain that your gym isn't hardcore yet like to bring your dog to said gym? You can't have it both ways, dude. ;)

Nice PR. I doubt a bit of extra aggression from the encounter with the PT did any harm to your deads. That, or it was just the proverbial boatload of chemicals doing their job. :chomp:

*Bunny* said:
You can bring you dog to the gym?? That's AWESOME. I love bulldogs :) Baby girl pup walking around by my condo these days, I WANT her!

I seriously LOL'd at FF lol. Can ya feel the :heart: midget, ut oh, how short?

Lemme know how things work out per our discussion. :)

She has to stay outside, but Austin is a very friendly place. My gym is in downtown so it is "hip". And, I dare them to tell me not to bring her :chomp:

FF is 5'1" although he says something like 5'7". He is a midget - a strong midget, but a midget non the less.

I will be one pushing/pressing/mashing/icing fool tonight - thanks for looking out Bunns - I got cha back! ;)

Cynical Simon said:
You complain that your gym isn't hardcore yet like to bring your dog to said gym? You can't have it both ways, dude.

Nice PR. I doubt a bit of extra aggression from the encounter with the PT did any harm to your deads. That, or it was just the proverbial boatload of chemicals doing their job.

I hear ya - it is a bulldog at least - she is one hardcore little biatch! She almost devored the poor little mut that bit her - as I did as well, along w/ it's patheticly physiqued owner. That dog barely madeit out alive.....muwaahahahaha

I think so on the aggression - it was a big PR for me and since my shots started I have a real can-do attitude to PR's!

Nice PR...4 plates is a real milestone.....I apologize that I missed your routine question a few posts up, but for what it's worth, what you liad out would be fine, I'd just keep the DLs to Fri though as they will blow out your CNS quickly, especially at the poundages you're using, so keep an eye on them and if you start feeling like you got ran over by a truck too soon, you may have to even cut them back to every other week.

How is the shoulder feeling?

It sounds like the gear is kicking in too, the off the hook good mood and sex drive are always big plusses to test and d-bol.

Top Bottom