Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Deadlifting and >STRAPS<

I use straps myself too..i also like to grab the 120 lbs dumbells strap up and do farmer walks around the gym...you aint felt pain in your traps until youve done some long farmer walks with heavy weight...

I use straps because I don't give a damn about my grip strength. If I can open the microwave door and jerk off, my grip is good.

AAP said:
I use straps because I don't give a damn about my grip strength. If I can open the microwave door and jerk off, my grip is good.

and open candy bar wrappers.

AAP said:
Man you make some good posts.

i always have done double overhand bc I was told doing the alternate would lead to one side being bigger than the other and certain muscle imbalances. I can pull a shit ton more alternate though. I just use straps anything over 315 with DOH on deads.

wow...what the hell is with everyone and straps...you are going to have pussy forearms and a wussy grip...point blank...your forearm and grip is going to suffer...if you dont care about that then go for it
i have pretty good forearms and bis and never directly work them out...this is an old photo and im not well developed but im just showing you 585 no belt no straps just chalk

dead.jpg

Neo22 said:
i always have done double overhand bc I was told doing the alternate would lead to one side being bigger than the other and certain muscle imbalances. I can pull a shit ton more alternate though. I just use straps anything over 315 with DOH on deads.

alternate hand positions during each set.

MTS said:
wow...what the hell is with everyone and straps...you are going to have pussy forearms and a wussy grip...point blank...your forearm and grip is going to suffer...if you dont care about that then go for it
i have pretty good forearms and bis and never directly work them out...this is an old photo and im not well developed but im just showing you 585 no belt no straps just chalk

dead.jpg
I wasn't born with giant meat hooks like you so I use straps on BB rows and deadlifts.

I often train with multiple reps and that is what kills me. I can usually hold my max deadlift weight just with my hands for one rep but if I am doing more than one rep it begins to slide and I can't hold it any longer.

I usually begin using straps on BB rows when I get to 225 and begin on DL's when I get to 365 but I can still hold a single of 495 w/o straps.

dont think you should use straps or ur forearm will fall behind. but thats only if u care about getin a strong grip, but for muscle mass then ofcoarse a strap will aid in lifting heavier weights equaling more muscle gains. but i dont see the reason for you use. im 160lbs and i dealift 320lbs for a few reps perfectly fine without any straps or chalk.

Double over hand grip is safer on the biceps, I used it for many years with straps.

Now I have started to compete in powerlifting i have switched my grip and ditched the straps.

If you have no plans to compete, then I would say stick with the straps.

Reactions: MTS
Top Bottom