Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Deadlifting and >STRAPS<

i use double overhand grip myself, usually sumo style when i go super heavy. I agree with ua iron, don't use them till you are doing VERY heavy weights.

and those aren't bad numbers for deads at your age and weight bro(considering you aren't lying)

UA_Iron said:
on deads I only use straps over 300lbs, the lower weight sets I can easily grip.

Back days with the heavy BB rows and DB rows I have to use straps - at least on the heavier sets.

They have their place, but I try not to rely on them.

If you're gym allows it you should try using chalk. Chalk is the ultimate grip enhancer
Ya man I use chalk, but I still failed with 365x6, and i know i can with straps.

BeautifulBiceps said:
Ok, I need some opinions here. I found some straps in my gym today and learned how to use them, and guess what, it was deadlifting day, yay.
Ok so I did , 135x10, 225x6, 275x6, 355x6, I used double overhand for the first 3 lifts, the last I used the straps. Man they are sweet, I'm going to aim for 405x6 before 2007! Well I guess my question is...........
......(sorry my forearms are sore from the deads)...my question is, fuck grip right? If straps means more weight lifted go for it? I've done 355 for 6 just with chalk and alternate grip before, but then the next week I tried 365 and only got 3! Fuck I can't seem to just ask the fucking question. Maybe I do have downs... anyways, comment thanks.

just ditch the straps, use an alternating grip. you will be a lot better off in the long run. with an alternating grip, you can support more weight than your body will be able to handle

Illuminati said:
just ditch the straps, use an alternating grip. you will be a lot better off in the long run. with an alternating grip, you can support more weight than your body will be able to handle
i agree man but i missed 365 for 6 and i know i can get it with straps.

Don't use straps until you need to. Let your forearms and hands get stronger on there own, until you need them.

Im in the same boat with most of the bros on the thread. I use straps all the time for heavier weights, just because my hands cant hold that much. Id much rather use straps and be able to do 50+ pounds more per lift, than have to settle for a lighter weight workout. I use straps on deads, shrugs, regular and close grip lat pulls, and sometimes upright rows.

For the record I use a double overhand grip on deads as well.

:jenscat

get a pair of lifting hooks

Top Bottom