Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Deadlifted lower back pain

peeterstock

[FONT=&quot]I've recently realized that I wasn't doing enough weight on my deadlifts, I was just sort of half-assing them. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Today I started doing deadlifts that were on the heavy side for me. 5x5 225lbs.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]After about my third or fourth set I started to feel this "feeling" in my middle to lower back. More towards the lower back but not where you would consider your "lower" back to be. I say "feeling" because its not a shooting pain or necessarily pain at all but just kind of feels like I am really using the muscle there. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]My question is, is this normal and will go away once I get used to lifting heavy or is this due to piss poor form. I've been taught proper form and after my third set I even looked up a couple things online to make sure I was still doing it right and from what I can tell I'm doing it at least adequately. Maybe I'm dead wrong though.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Your thoughts?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

So I can't say for sure if your form is good or not, but sore muscles in your lower back after deadlifting is normal. It takes a lot of effort to keep your back rigid while picking the weight up. If you injured muscles though, that's a different story

Top Bottom